Stupidest JW meeting answers

by GapingMouth 66 Replies latest jw friends

• GapingMouth
    GapingMouth

Hi all, I was thinking about some stupid non-sensical answers I have heard over the years. "We all know the Blue Whale is the biggest fish" "We were on the ministry and met a coloured couple. We knew they were coloured because they were black." So what's the funniest comment you've heard? Doesn't have to be even about a certain belief as much as just someone being stupid yet all those around just nodding in agreement. I also remember one old slighly demented woman always answering in paragraph 18 of the WT who would always say the same thing that she saw Jesus and she was in love with him. Funny, the brother who did the WT would let her answer EVERY time.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I also remember one old slighly demented woman always answering in paragraph 18 of the WT who would always say the same thing that she saw Jesus and she was in love with him. Funny, the brother who did the WT would let her answer EVERY time.

Especially considering that the WT was rarely, if ever, about Jesus.

We had a WT study about modesty once. There was an older woman in our hall who really enjoyed swimming, and made a comment about how when she swims, she never does it in the nude, even when she's by herself, because someone could come by, and it wouldn't be modest. Not so much stupid, as just plain bizarre.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    We had a WT study about modesty once. There was an older woman in our hall who really enjoyed swimming, and made a comment about how when she swims, she never does it in the nude, even when she's by herself, because someone could come by, and it wouldn't be modest. Not so much stupid, as just plain bizarre.

My assumption if i heard something like that would be that she did indeed swim naked and was hoping that someone would try and "catch" her doing it! Tart!

• Chalam
    Chalam

I also remember one old slighly demented woman always answering in paragraph 18 of the WT who would always say the same thing that she saw Jesus and she was in love with him. Funny, the brother who did the WT would let her answer EVERY time.

That's awesome! Maybe she just had seen the real Jesus.

1 John 5:1 (English Standard Version)

1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. All the best, Stephen
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I heard one comment that we should not ask Jehovah for personal things unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. So, I guess that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag gets to do the bare minimum that will just barely allow Him to continue using us up until we die, but we are supposed to do the maximum at great personal hardship to help Him.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    My assumption if i heard something like that would be that she did indeed swim naked and was hoping that someone would try and "catch" her doing it! Tart!

Trust me, nobody wanted that.

She was just a strange woman period. She had countless "favorite scriptures". Frequently, when she commented, she would invoke a certain scripture, claiming it was her favorite. But it was always differen't from the last one.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I heard a brother (now an elder) who answered up while studying the ‘Greatest Man’ book, talking about the resurrection and he said that in the resurrection we will come back to earth as we departed, and went on to say that John the Baptist would come back with a severed head.

The group burst out laughing and he quickly retracted what he had just said. The bloke was a complete arse…….

• donny
    donny

One man in our hall, who was supposedly one of the annointed, stated that in the new order once the 1000 year reign is over and we have been completely reconciled to God, we would learn his last name.

I wonder if it is a Jewish name? Omnipotenstein?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

We had a sister at our hall who always managed to incorporate something she had seen on the Animal Planet or Discovery Channel into her comment. We would crack up at how she tried to tie it all together.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Another one: At the group for field service, one sister said to the group “did anyone see that amazing sunset last night….? It looked just like as if the sun was on fire.”

I looked at her as if she was stupid and said “the sun is on fire”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit