The struggle against the immediae danger from false teachers

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

That is the cop out JWs use to avoid answering "Will only JWs be saved" or to weasel out of uncomfortable questions. They will say they do not know, Jehovah decides...but in practice they teach you must be a part of the org, or studying en route to join, or if out working your way back in to have any chance of survival. Those who die before armageddon not knowing 'JW truth', according to them, will be brought back with a chance to learn the "JW truth"

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

GG WOT!!!!!!!!! i know for a FACT its fine....i know that, i know brothers in a congregation who HAVE beards and are MS...and i know congs that are against it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

no IA it isnt just the 70;s i know congs now who do that.

My reply: to the best of my knowledge that was a 70's thing. Any other posters input on this? AE's word on this is not very reliable.

Beards isnt to do with culture either, wow you have been gone long havent you. I know some congs who say no, others who say yes, as with grooming too.

My reply: Wrong like usual AE. I left in 91 by the way...but have still (unfortunately) had exposure to the cult. I also keep up with their current teachings to help others. Again, any other posters- am I wrong on this? AE's words are not reliable.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Revelation 18:4-5 (New International Version)

4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
    "Come out of her, my people,
    so that you will not share in her sins,
    so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
    5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
    and God has remembered her crimes.

Revelation 22:17 (New International Version)

17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Revelation 21:6-7 (New International Version)

6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

Amen Jesus!

The WT is afflicted with so many plagues already, spiritual, emotional and physical.

Matthew 7:15-17 (New International Version)

A Tree and Its Fruit
    15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. All the best, Stephen
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Christians believe they are saved when they accept Christ as their lord and savior, by grace. It's offensive to me when a jw says "wait to armegeddon and we'll see who's right". Just saying that negates the sacrafice of Christ and assumes that the party it's said to believes and accepts the same. I said it's the same as telling someone to go to hell because that usually the way that phrased is used. There's no love in it at all.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I agree with all you said Mrsjones, except I doubt AE is a JW. She certainly is not the pioneer she claimed to be. Perhpas a dfed JW who feels guilty, or a wannabe who never made it, or simply a troll.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE I've been gone some time now, and as far as I am concerned the WTS still practices shunning of close family members, continues to let young babies and minors die as a result of parents preventing life saving medical treatment, changed the generation of 1914? correct me if I have missed anything else?

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Then, frankly, AE, they are out of line with the organization who values conformity and "unity" above all else - nor - do I actually believe it to be true. I would prefer independent confirmation, over the word of someone who has consistently proven NOT to be in step with the organization nor following its directives...and I'm not sure how's that's "WOT" since YOU brought it up and I was answering you. My original post was on topic to specifically address the FALSE contention that this is a JW forum.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

sorry mrs jones..didnt mean to offend you no malice was meant atall in what i said.

IA i dont care if you believe me....but i dont think i believe you because far too many times you have said the most ridiculous things, ive even spoken to my husband about it and he cant believe it either, but we took you at face value. Now i feel your saying ridiculous things so that i'll say thats not the case and you can start shooting me down.

Even others on here have said how liberal many congs can be and elders too......you really have been found out.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Romans 14:10 (New International Version)

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

angel eyes: I don't judge individuals. The Jehovah's Witness organization does judge individuals. As Christians we are to uphold and defend the true faith. My problem is not with individuals but with an organization that keeps their people in bondage. You show me in scripture that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the chosen people. The scripture you might use can apply to any group. The Jews were, and are still the chosen people. The 144,000 are literal Jews. God has not forsaken them. Their hearts are hardened for a period of time but will one day realize that their Messiah has already come, and that is happening. Many Jews are turning to Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3 (New International Version)

3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Colossians 2:1-8 (New International Version)

Colossians 2

1 I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. 2 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.

Freedom From Human Regulations Through Life With Christ

6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit