The struggle against the immediae danger from false teachers

by mrsjones5 196 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"....lets wait and see when armegeddon arrives who was right"

I'm sorry AE but I just don't see it as being nice. I think it greatly corresponds to telling someone to f*off or go to hell.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Rom 10:14, regarding judging. We have not judged the WT as a false prophet- they have hung themselves with their own writings, and have admitted they were the ones in the wrong.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

dont see what as being nice??? Something i said?? Id never tell anyone to well you know..the F word or as you guys say the F bomb...love it when hear you guys call it bomb...cool....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Sorry AE, the WT has qualified their stance on beards and grooming with the phrase that it depends on cultural differences.

They do not apply the same to apostate websites/lit.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The white shirts for public talks is from the 70's...long since abandoned.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

but i explained what i mena tby saying when armegeddon arrives....how can it be taken wrong when ive explained???

I said Jah sees all who truly love him.....not meaning just jw.....

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Schipper you wrote: Since we are trained to read, study the scriptures. And we use it well in our ministry. We are challenged on all our teaching of scripture.

My mom always argued that she read the Bible while a witness. She finally admitted that she didn't. Another former witness acknowledged the same thing, saying that you are kept too busy with watchtower literature to actually read the Bible, plus you are not encouraged to private bible studies. They only read the scripture that pertained to the study from the Watchtower magazines. The following quotes are not in agreement with what you believe...that we are challenged on all our teaching of scripture...how can you be challenged if you are not allowed to think independently but accept all that you are taught?

....In Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to that very thing.... ,Watchtower June 1, 1967.

From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago... Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1981.

...some who point out that the organization has had to make some adjustments before, and so they argue: "This shows that we have to make up our own mind on what to believe." This is independent thinking. Why is it so dangerous?
    Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983.

First, since "oneness" is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave. Watchtower, Aug. 1, 2001.

If the Governing Body doesn't write or approve the material, then who does write the material? What is the purpose of the Governing Body?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

no IA it isnt just the 70;s i know congs now who do that.

Beards isnt to do with culture either, wow you have been gone long havent you. I know some congs who say no, others who say yes, as with grooming too.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

AE be careful who you tell that last bit of wisdom.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Isaacaustin - oh absolutely. That's why I specifically just put what was on paper. You and I both know that's not what happens in practice. As any one with any perceptive powers knows, that deadly JW phrase "a true lover of Jehovah would (or would not)" actually means - if you do this and are caught out, you are totally screwed. Nevertheless, since that's been pointed out over and over and over and over again on this forum and certain ones retreat back to what's "on paper" I phrased it that way.

AE - Do your research in your organization's publications. Beards? No, I don't think so. Not if a brother wants to be a brother "in good standing." Mustaches, however, are a matter of "personal conscience". And I don't think anyone has ever said the "white shirts" was written down - that was definitely a cultural attitude (and in many cases, a generational thing). But "in relationship to the kingdom" that's fairly petty. Putting yourself between a believer and Christ as the mediator? Making policies that cost lives and then later reversing those polices? Reading and intepreting more into the scriptures than what is there? THAT'S not so petty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit