What do you think about David Letterman now?

by asilentone 61 Replies latest social entertainment

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

not to mention a Robert Crumb fan

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

His popularity will not suffer.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I think about the same as I did before - he's amusing and sometimes hilarious. I don't care about his personal life - nor that of Roman Polanski, Frank Sinatra, Brad Pitt, etc., etc. I couldn't care less. In fact, I'd rather not know. I do not understand why this has dominated the news recently.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I think about the same as I did before - he's amusing and sometimes hilarious. I don't care about his personal life - nor that of Roman Polanski, Frank Sinatra, Brad Pitt, etc., etc. I couldn't care less. In fact, I'd rather not know. I do not understand why this has dominated the news recently.

I understand not caring to know about celebrities and their ilk, but Roman Polanski? Oh wait, that's right, he didn't "rape" rape, a 13 year old girl.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Congratulations, Bee, your life doesn't revolve around TV Land.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I understand not caring to know about celebrities and their ilk, but Roman Polanski? Oh wait, that's right, he didn't "rape" rape, a 13 year old girl.

Just that it is not up to me to decide the outcome of this. Sounds like he deserves punishment - but what I think has no influence on the outcome. I do not know the details - don't need to know the details and don't want to know the details. Like President Obama, "I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak.

Thanks, daniel-p.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I'm done judging people. His job is not to be a moral example. His job is to tell jokes, and he's a master.

• lrkr
    lrkr

I'm just glad the as$hole who tried to blackmail him will be looking at the inside of prison now. Dave was courageous and it serves the prick right. As for his affairs- I'll bet his wife already knew!!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

What makes this a bit unusual is the extortion was orchestrated by someone who is relatively well off .

This guy has far more to lose now than most common criminals out in the streets.

Has it been stated yet, that this side poking occurred during his relationship with his current wife ?

• minimus
    minimus

Personally, I think the fallout will be pretty big. Let's see how nasty he'll get with Paris Hilton, Sarah Palin and his other favorite punching bags. Everyone *knows* what he's all about now. The whisperings can be devastating. His snarky condescending attitude--- will it be the same or will he mellow?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit