An Elder wrote anomously...

by Butterflyleia85 81 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

ATJ

COC just arrived in today's mail, along with "I'm perfect: Your doomed!"

Sorry, I meant Bookman's not Borders. They are huge and carry lots of traded books, including a slew of WT JW books on the shelves.

The anti- sections I refered to Mormon's, Catholics, Scientists....had lots of negative books and were labeled as such by marking cards. But for the JW's nothing. They should have had the section like all the others, but it was missing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just a note on spelling and grammar. Whenever I post, I am doing so secretly. I don't want my wife to know what I am doing or the people I work with (who are primarily witneses). I have take write quickly and furtively. This means I do not have time to check for spelling mistakes and ommissions. My responses to other posts are usually very reactive and quickly formulated.

This doesn't not mean I am an ""8 year old hillibille". I have 2 degrees and I am managing director of my own company. I would therefore, consider myself quite well educated. I will admit my typing skills are appalling but, I have never needed to learn how to type, afterall that is what personal assistants are for.

I often read my posts retrospectively and cringe at the mistakes, but I hope that people look beyond the grammatical errors and try to make sense of what I am trying to convey.

I will however, apologise if my spelling, syntax or sentence structure has resulted in anyone being put off from reading my posts.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. :)

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Butteryfly,

Interesting post.

In my mind you need to consider the possibility that the WT do not have the truth at all.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 15:26 (New International Version)

26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Do JWs really follow Jesus or His Spirit?

All the best,

Stephen

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Until Jehovah changes the hearts and understanding of the Governing Body through his Holy Spirit and love for his Witnesses on Earth, I don’t want my family to suffer because I want to speak out.

How long will this guy take to figure out that the GB has NO access to Holy Spirit. I hope soon. He needs to read CoC , Even though I'd been out for a year and a half, It opened my eyes to many things. I ordered mine from Amazon also. Now reading Franz's Christian Freedom.

• moshe
    moshe

Which is worse being an apostate= seeing falsehood and getting out or a HYPOCRITE= seeing falsehood, but having no backbone to do anything about it. I can't take a hypocrite seriously.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Gale- Yeah that's why I posted it, it was so exciting to see!

JWoods- Click on my name in blue, then click on my topics posted. I'm not trying to fool anyone just searching and sharing what I found through my search.

LongHairGal- I left the source (internet address at the end of the Post. Not an elder honestly.

JimmyPage- love your icon.

Jonathan Dough- Your preaching to the chior.

AK-Jeff it is nice to know not all elders are black & white it just so obvious there is gray areas in life! If something could be done and solved would be wonderful.

Jonathandough- I went to the library and they did mention that but it takes about two wks until they get the book. (Geez so rude)

dissed- I agree and true that lol

bluecanary- Your so welcome. I was excited to find it hehe I thought you would like it.

AllTimeJeff- Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do. Good Point!

Diamondiiz- thanks will do might have to as my fiance though. Isn't it exciting (about the elder) I knew ppl would find his thoughs exciting.

Open mind- haha love that movie it was so cool i thought when it first came out (funny thing it was rated R and a group of my witness friends and i watched it and didn't no it was rated R haha) I also like the movie Pleasantville! Awesome movie!

The book I could only get at the library was The Kingdom of the Cults... I read so slow and geez it's such a big book!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IMHO:

First, this elder needs to wake up and realize he's in a cult. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Second, Jesus Christ, can we please get off of the proper punctuation, spelling and grammar? People should feel free to express themselves here, and it's unfair to hinder anyone in doing so. There are many people who are educated and/or intelliigent who can't compose and/or type worth a damn. That doesn't make them any less of a person.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

moshe... neither can I really that's why like a good JW I confessed all my sins... was willing to work with them and give anything for my family. I loved God but they questioned me on that... It just seem so unfair and confusing... I was trying so hard and felt deep in my heart sadness. Actions speak louder then words! But the elders weren't there only when my friend (good lady) confinded in a Sister (wife of one of my elders) that was studying to her that she worried about me. But was the elder there to help or to scold me?? If only you were there!! It's like they are what they said they werent, police. I never ever though of them like police... until that night.

But two things I noticed when I was DF. God can only judge. Elders are only human.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMIE- I second your opinion. What's important is freedom of expression, not grammar.

BUTTERFLY- Hey , nice thread ! Thanks for posting it . It sure shows how there are some elders definitely awaking to the falshoods that the GB and WT society have been promoting . But everybody goes at their own pace. That elder may exit in time, he may not- depends on a lot of variables , how many JW relatives he has in , will they shun him, etc. ? But it's good to know there seems to be an awakening going on inside the Jehovah's Witnesses now among some. With the availability of the internet - I feel it's only just beginning, the tip of the iceberg. I feel many more will be enlightened and exit in the next 10 to 20 years. Good work Butterfly ! Keep learning more and reading more- we support you here sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit