An Elder wrote anomously...

by Butterflyleia85 81 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I know its hard on long posts, but if you read it from top to bottom, you could see it wasn't from butterflyleia.....

Leia, maybe make it your first statement on a post that this wasn't from you could have helped for clarities sake... Not meant as a criticism, just an observation....

Thanks btw, for posting this

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Call me a cynic but I don't beleive that this letter was written by a Watchtower apologist. It read too much like and apostate primer to be real. Maybe it is, but it seems too sympathetic to the "apostate" cause with it being an instruction manual for dissent. Sorry. W.Once

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Was once,

I can see myself writing that letter about 5 years ago.... For what thats worth.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Since this post criticized spelling mistakes let me point out that "anonymously" was incorrectly spelled "anomously" and "stalkers" was incorrectly spelled "stockers".

• Gayle
    Gayle

I do get a little excited when I see an existing JW, especially an elder, in this phase of seeing and admitting the true facts about the Watchtower organization at this level. I remember that phase for myself many years ago. I remember still hoping that the organization would improve and correct their errors and misrepresentations. With time and disappointment, it became evident to me that the organization was not going to change for the better and for my conscience sake, sanity and peace of mind, I had to move on.

With actual 'truth,' allowing it to 'peek' through your brain/mind and with time, one has to open the mind for more truth, can't stop. Each person's 'eyes' have to adjust a bit at a time, at our individual pace. With growth, most realize that no one person or group knows it all. Many opinions are shared here and welcomed here. Individuality and independent thought we see here and should be respected.

I hope many more there in the organization are opening up as this elder.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for posting this butterflyleia.

But the good thing about xjw sites is that they take many forms and have wide appeal. Humour and satire maximises options

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

lol yeah me as butterflyleia spells like crap!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

*shaking head*

Jimmy, you're a good guy, but that post is a cut and paste from an elder (presumably) Leia didn't write that part...

Leia, learn to spell!! (jk)

Ok, I actually hope that for you in the future, but if you want to misspell words, thats your perrogative. I take your meaning....

*thinking to self: why must spelling errors be made issues of?*

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

And to add maybe it was a joke to spell like crap to distinguish that I was kinda like one of the exJW with bad spelling. lol For those observant and catches on with my lil humor! lol

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I'm not sure whether the letter is authentic or not - and frankly - it doesn't matter either way to me! WHOM it was written by is irrelevant - WHAT it say is truly how I have felt for a long time! I've only been 'out' for 1yr (away from the mtgs for 4 mos) and have really began a search for truth. I love Jehovah, and I love his word the Bible. BUT my problem lies in having so many 'questions' now that nobody can answer...and these are not off the wall, I'm so bitter I just want to vent - questions. They are genuine thought-provoking things I would like answers to before i EVER decided to go back into the religion...and as was stated in that note, any questioning of GB info is prohibited!! So what is a person to do? What is someone supposed to make a decision based off of - blind faith?

Wherever the letter came from - THANK YOU! I enjoyed reading it and agree with a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit