An Elder wrote anomously...

by Butterflyleia85 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow I want to thank you so much... finally someone shares my thoughts and is in the same boat as me (will sorta)... I've be DFed. bluh.. but I would stick to this board and cut out the good from the bad... be wise in your research and I'm on the same journey as you girl.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Babygirl, you got it in one 'blind faith'....it's hard. My mum told me I had to keep having a blind faith and I about cracked the wobblies....lol. Just tired of following something that can't answer all of my questions. Sometimes I wish my head didn't tick over quite so much...lol!

• Edington
    Edington

Yes my feelings as well Wasanelder..........It started out plausibly then I felt I'd read this stuff before, an 'apostate primer' is what it is!

Ed

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My choice, at least at this time, is to keep my opinions to myself when in the presence of other Jehovah’s Witnesses and hope that the Holy Spirit clears up what errors we might be teaching as younger, more thoughtful, and loving men take the leadership of Jehovah’s earthly organization. That said, I do have some serious issues with the credibility of the current leadership of the Watchtower Society.

Ask this: "And if that doesn't happen with the next generation of leaders, what then?"

This person absolutely needs needs needs to read Ray Franz's CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses – Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom book describes the process of gaining full understanding of the truth as entering a dark room and allowing the light to shine brighter gradually until the room is fully lit.

C.T.Russell said that new truths would not conflict with established truths. In other words, this "light getting brighter" stuff would mean that truth was fuzzy then it was clearer as light shone on it. A "discreet" body of men would not say things that needed to be changed, but would hold back until the Holy Spirit clearly identified truth. "This generation" would not clearly be one thing, then another, then another. They would be able to say "I don't know" until they really did know.

If the Governing Body is acting under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, shouldn’t all their votes be unanimous? Are those who voted against the majority being influenced by Satan? After the vote is taken, why should that particular teaching ever be changed due to “new light”? Does not the Holy Spirit know what is true and what is not? Or does the Holy Spirit inspire the Governing Body to purposely publish incorrect information from time to time – just to keep us off-kilter? This entire concept of the Governing Body being guided by Holy Spirit is frankly ridiculous and inconceivable.

Exactly. Well thought out.

I suggest that if you want to run a successful anti-Watchtower website you use .....
    To the critics and apostates who create and publish blogs and websites, I offer the following advice with all seriousness....

There are plenty of reasons why plenty of people do things in plenty of ways. Find what's right for you and avoid the ones you don't like. I think the youtube videos are some of the most damaging to WTS. I like the humor and the serious stuff. Different strokes for different folks.
    The commentary reads like "You need to organize your anti-JW movement." As said already, there is no real mass movement. We are all going our different ways and being ourselves. Occasionally, some like Rick Fearon get a strong local showing to protest a Memorial, but there is no mass movement.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

AllTimeJeff... It's worth alot because we youngins observe you as someone that has been though it. Not alot of young ones know how to ask for help or if it's even worth it. But ppl like you can help the young (falling generation as JW call it)... I consider myself still a young adult and I am searching for answers. I know I'm not doomed to die but then what holds me strong in persueing a sucessful life... Why try... well it's the core of building my foundation. I went to counseling and it helped, ppl need motivation and need social contact to feel a comfort... that your not alone. So again thank you for your comments.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Ray Franz's CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

I went to the library here locally impossible to find... I don't want to spend the money but I want to read it badly. I think I can find it in another library two hours away in another city... I did find a whole bunch of books on cults and is JW a cult I got a couple chapters done but not to much to express my opinions on the books...

• JWoods
    JWoods

Butterfly, we take you on face value. Except that your face value is somewhat tarnished by that first post where you claimed to be an elder.

This great book will come to you in good time if you continue to look in good faith.

Thank you for reminding us that you are not a troll.

• minimus
    minimus

My thoughts: I'm with Wasa. It seems like the writer was really one of "us". But who knows?

I think less emphasis should be made on punctuation, spelling, etc. It's the Watchtower Organization's fault that they are not more schooled.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Dear Elder,

You wrote a very good post and I agree with much of what you say.

I am glad you addressed the fact that many JWs have poor grammar and spelling skills. They are unfortunately a testament to the fact that the religion discouraged higher education for decades. This is the sad result. These people were deluded into thinking that just reading the magazines and literature was an 'education'. Well, maybe compared to actual illiteracy it is. Which is like saying that hotdogs and potato chips is a good diet when compared to actual starvation.

I also agree with your points and suggestions to those who make ex-JW websites. I also think that some of these websites should be taken down if they are not updated. I have also read some that I just shook my head at the poor grammar and spelling. My pet peeves are when people use 'should of' instead of 'should've'. This is sad because it detracts from the person's message which happens to be valid.

You are also right in your suggestion that somebody should present themselves properly if they are making their own video, etc. if they hope to be taken seriously. Unfortunately, some ex-JWs have to make a point to deliberately be as obnoxious and unkempt (possibly as a rebellion against the restrictive religion). They do not realize that all they do is give people in the religion something to criticise. It is a well known fact that the religion likes to paint a picture of those who leave the religion as people who are on 'skid-row' with needles and crackpipes. They present a 'don't let this happen to you' type of scenario. This is, of course, propaganda to keep the remaining people from thinking of leaving.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

How many 24 year olds refer to themselves as "girl" as opposed to woman? I think Butterfly is a teenage boy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit