An Elder wrote anomously...

by Butterflyleia85 81 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Believe me when I say there are enough negatives about the Watchtower Society and Jehovah’s Witnesses to be discussed on your website without trying to convince your readers to once again believe in the doctrines of The Trinity, Heaven and Hell, or some other fable of Christendom. I’m sorry, but you are wasting your time and your website won’t draw any real interest from Jehovah’s Witnesses if you attack their core beliefs while supporting the archaic and rehashed orthodox teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and major Protestant denominations.

Well written but you display an incredible degree of ignorance and self-righteousness. Your problem is that you still think it is the "truth." Rather than making a blanket condemnation of "christendom" why don't you specifically address some of the major issues instead. You are still one of them, and as long as you delude yourself into believing it is the "truth" you will never know what the truth is. Almost every single teaching of the JWs is false, it is not truth, it is inspired by demonic forces. So why don't you quit defending them? And quit elevating form over substance. It has been proven the world over that the JWs are 1,000 percent wrong in what they teach. What I have found with many so-called "elders" is a frightening degree of lack of intelligence. They are way in over their heads and think they are smarter than they really are. You are no exception. Here is a fact. The JWs are not God's exclusive organization. It simply is not possible. So where are the harvested? Which organizaton? Your options are very limited. Prove us wrong. Try that for a change. These theories aren't rehashed fables. They are well thought out if you took the time to do your research. It is essential that the JWs core beliefs be attacked, their arguments overturned, and the idea that they should only be countered by some new ideas or novel theories is ludicrous. Visit your library and do your homework.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Literally the next mtg AFTER I was DF'd - i was at the Khall sitting in the back. As the mos passed, I began to realize that I had a 'get out of jail free' card and that I was quickly cashing it in WITHOUT THOUGHT! I was a robot, my powerlines were cut, but I was attempting to hand the cord BACK to be plugged in again...like it was a natural reaction. It wasn't until a C.O. paid me a visit and really said THE most discouraging things to me, that I decided to start digging into WHAT the religion is all about - what was going on behind the scenes - WHO did this 'man' (C.O.) think he was to talk to me like that? One question after the other, after the other!!! That's when i stopped going to Khall anymore. Made it up in my mind that no shepherd that was in love with his heavenly father would treat a 'sheep' in such a manner as I was treated....and still claim to have God's direction and Holy Spirit. It dawned on me that the brothers were NOT just making JC decisions - they were messing with MY LIFE!!! And putting that power in anyone elses hands but my own is dangerous - I now see that.

I'm still researching all I can...and I will continue to keep searching for whatever the heck I am supposed to FIND! Putting it frankly: I will plug my power cord in WHERE I want WHEN I'm ready - it's mine now.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

To the author - if you ever actually read this posting - and I suspect you will.

Thank you. Your candor is refreshing. Your mind is cracked open now. Where that mind takes you is going to be an interesting journey I suspect.

I rejoice that, if you are truly a current Jw elder, you have dared to begin the process we call critical thinking. You clearly see good within what you refer to as 'Jehovah's Organization' or substance. There are good people there. You still refer to the teachings, or some of them, as 'the truth', and I dare say you will likely begin to adjust your opines in that area before much time passes. You are literate. You are kind to both 'sides' of the issue - if indeed the issue can be so cleanly divided.

Regarding this growing medium called the internet; There will be always those who misuse it, abuse it, or do not understand effective argumentation. Still, all of that may, in the end, provide a launchboard for different personalities to deal with various aspects of the religion, whether as supporters, or as opposers, or as with most of us, somewhere along that diverse and confusing continuum. Over time, the religion will not escape intense scrutiny. Persons like yourself, thinking people, will not forever be held in bondage to the ideals and teachings of those who seem to have such a narrow view of the world, so as to cramp them within a mold of impersonality. No purpose is fully met by a single approach. I have been embarrassed by reading and viewing opinions on both sides. Many so called apostates are too over the top for me - but what they state, or the way they state it, might be effective in opening the minds of some others. Same is true of Watchtower defenders. Many Watchtower defenders have aided others to land squarely in the camp of those who have left. Others have appealed to the narrow-minded opinions that most active Witnesses have, and have perhaps caused some to move away from 'apostate thinking'.

All of this is social evolution within a small demographic of people. Social evolution is inevitable. In the end Jehovah's Witnesses [as we know them today] will fail as a religion. Social pressure will either create sectarianism like that which has affected most mainstream religions over time. Or, it will drive them more inward, creating what is more obviously a mind-control cult, thus causing widespread exit over time. [I believe this is the current state of Watchtower affairs]. Either way, like the WWCoG, and the Way International, and others who have taken similar routes, the changes will happen. The internet will speed it up. Pat answers to the difficult questions will not suffice in the environment being shaped by today's forces.

Thank for your well thought out words, though time will soon alter some of your general assertions likely. Peace.

Jeff

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

How many 24 year olds refer to themselves as "girl" as opposed to woman?

I'm a grown arse woman and when casually talking - WILL refer to someone as 'girl'...I can't speak for anyone else, but for me - it's a 'black thang' -hahahahaha!!!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Ray Franz's CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE
    I went to the library here locally impossible to find... I don't want to spend the money but I want to read it badly. I think I can find it in another library two hours away in another city... I did find a whole bunch of books on cults and is JW a cult I got a couple chapters done but not to much to express my opinions on the books...

Ever hear of the inter-library loan? Geez, give us a break!

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

I agree with the author except beards. I do not have one and never had but bearded people are just as nice and spiritual as the clean shaven.

w

• dissed
    dissed

I personally thought his rant revealed a lot of anger, was a bit self righteous, but otherwise, very honest.

This is the nature of the JW's.

It is very hard for someone to admit that they have been fooled all these years. It is an embarrassment, you feel humiliated. You have invested more than just going to church on Sunday, but your whole life to this belief system.

Many JW's are very smart and intelligent people. They thought they really researched all the doctrines. They had come to the conclusion they alone have the 'truth' and look down on others who don't.

Now to realize they really are no different than other religions, and in some ways worse, is very hard for them to understand, they are confused.

The first step to leaving is to question objectively just one thing you have been led to believe is inspired from God through the GB. Once you have done that, the rest will start to fall like dominos, when you have time to look into the matter.

The Web, it could be said, is leading to the downfall of the GB. No longer can they lie, mislead, and fool honest hearted people. The reality is, is that the truth is what's doing them in, and the Web refuses to keep their secrets anymore.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

babygirl, welcome to the forum

butterfly, thank you for posting this

JimmyPage, lots of grown women in their 20s and beyond refer to themsevles as girls, myself included.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Ever hear of the inter-library loan? Geez, give us a break!

Why are people getting so snarky on this thread?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I like to think of myself as a "wirl" : half-way between a woman and a girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit