You are Still Special After Exiting the Witnesses-You Have a Purpose in Life

by flipper 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wow Flipper you seriously touched my heart. I had a tear... It's so scaring at times and also exciting to feel free from the burden I have carried... thinking I was going to die or be destroyed and live life miserable or in guilt for not being a JW. The stress I put on my fiance and fear I was going to stress him to the point of irritation. I'm still a lil scared and my journey at times of more research is like one made in the woods all alone it feels like at times (Snow White I can think of). You don' t want to be naive, gullible...(believe every inspired word) but when you are taught all your life you can't do it all on your own it's scary! I don't want to get lost in the woods and be at a dead end or even be so far or thick in the woods there is no way to find your way back. That is exactly how I feel. I love the security or safe haven they gave me but it also felt like a trap. I do relate it to the Village movie they give you walls and fear to cross the forest. I now just have faith in myself to find what God wants from me and joy in my family I made (really my fiance's family). JW ideas are still in that back of my head permanently and the want or 'high' of doing good for others 'changing the world for the good' is so strong... I hope I can find that book and hope they don't just state facts but give good direction (books to read (or I could just ask you guys lol) ) or suggestions if possible of a good life and afterwords. Thanks again so much for that posting. I loved the JWs and I wanted to get back in so bad in it, it hurt me so badly when they gave up on me. I held them too high.

You guys on this board are the best. You saved my dignity in a sense.

Thank allot for that! :)

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I saved this topic under favorites btw. lol ;)

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Mr Flipper...didn't you just post the one about Susan Boyle too? I always enjoy your posts! You are an eternal spring of kindness and encouragement!

Your heart is so tender and helping to those in dire need of acceptance and encouragement at such a dark hour in thier lives. I hope you recieve many blessings for your gift of reaching out and how well you have put that to use.

Outlaw....you make me laugh with all your tongue-in-cheek comments! You really help balance out the board and keep us entertained! Cheers!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

its good to stay positive...we all need to think that way :)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for bumping this thread. Just what I needed - Flipper you a real treasure TY.

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the nice responses.

BUTTERFLYLEIA- I'm glad this thread touched you. When I read Steve Hassan's book, it touched me also. It is scary and exciting both when we first exit the witnesses. It's exciting to have freedom from fear and guilt- but in the same breath it's like " what do I do now ? " Steve Hassan's books do give a lot of suggestions in how a person overcomes mind control and helps a person see how to develop self esteem again. It gives practical advice on how to move forward in getting involved in living in the here and now in different areas - as opposed to putting our life on hold for a " alleged " paradise in the future. Sounds like you have a great support system on your fiances side- so that's a good thing. We value you a lot here- and so it's like " pay it forward" - maybe with what you have experienced, you may be able to help others who have gone through like circumstances. Glad you are here !

KITTEN WHISKERS- Thanks. I don't remember writing about Susan Boyle- you sure it was me ? Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I've already received lots of blessings by reaching out to people- have made some really good unconditional friends on the board here ! And I get a rush just watching someone break free from mind control - and start to think for themself ! Can't even tell you how great that makes me feel ! The human spirit wants to be free.

ANGEL EYES- It is good to be positive, I agree. Although to get to a positive place, sometimes we have to discuss the negative and muddle our way through what's real and what is not real and true.

CANTLEAVE- Thanks for the nice words- I appreciate your posts as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

WAnted to bump this thread up in case some wanted to comment, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mr. Flipper said: Although to get to a positive place, sometimes we have to discuss the negative and muddle our way through what's real and what is not real and true.

One of my duties as a Project Manager was to let people 'vent'. It was part of the process, the journey, to get to creating a solution. At first I didn't realize this was part of my role and it caused me a lot of anxiety. Once I realized "Hey, this is part of my job" I was much better at helping my team as I would use this to move on to the next phase of "Ok. We have problems. Now what are your ideas about solving them." It was truly awesome to see just how creative they were. It's like, you have to crawl before you can walk. Same with problem resolution. It has to be discussed first, which includes venting, before moving to the next phase of solving the issue(s).

I, personally, am still working on what is my purpose in life. Sometimes I feel very frustrated and depressed about this. I believe helping my parents was/is one. Perhaps being on JWN is another. Mr. Flipper.... what do you feel yours is?

• Quandry
    Quandry

flipper,

You are being great to us all as usual. You are indeed right. We ARE special, and all humans have a right to be here.

For several YEARS after leaving I was depressed. I felt so dissilusioned, as I am sure many others do. I felt lonely, also, and unable to reach out to others. But recently I felt my sense of humor returning, and wanted to "get back in the game." I felt I wanted to meet others in person.

I am happy to report that yesterday I was able to get together with Jeaniebeanz, and we had a great time! We were able to laugh about many of our experiences. I certainly recommend "meet ups" and apostafests....looking forward to possibly meeting others, also!

• flipper
    flipper

HEAVEN- Good points you make. It does take venting sometimes to work through to a solution of finding resolution in an issue, or issues if there are a number of them. It sounds like you were really good as a Project Manager getting people to open up and facillitate discussions between people. I'm a firm believer in communication opening up minds that were once closed. I feel it's truly how we learn. In answer to your question , " What do I feel my purpose is in life ? " I feel I am here to love and be loved. My wife, my family, my children. I want to help people to understand mind control and how it was used by Jehovah's Witnesses and other cults to abuse people within their ranks. And I want to assist people breaking free from the witnesses to move on in life and think free again with their real, authentic minds. If I can have a small share in doing that for people- I will be happy and feel I've accomplished something valuable. Also - I'm here to enjoy life in the here and now and enjoy the mountains , my wife and animals and our home. I guess that's it in a nutshell. Hang in there Heaven with the depression - it's not easy but you will make it. Keep your chin up. That is great that you help your parents. I enjoy your posts on JWN. You have good takes.

QUANDRY - Thanks. I agree we all have a voice and a right to be here and be proud of what we stand for. I'm so glad you and JEANNIEBENZ got together and visited ! That is great ! It can really do wonders for us meeting other ex-witnesses who have overcome adversity to move on in life ! It can help us see we are not alone in what we've dealt with. I also have enjoyed getting together the last 2 years with folks from the board here and meeting up with them. I've learned a lot from them. Glad to hear your sense of humor is returning and you are back in the game feeling energized again. Good for you ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit