You are Still Special After Exiting the Witnesses-You Have a Purpose in Life

by flipper 57 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

JONATHAN DOUGH - Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean your way of life is the ONLY right way. Many of us agnostics or atheists are not " God haters " as you call us. We just don't believe in a God, or in the case of us agnostics - we do not KNOW if there is a God. There is nothing wrong with that view. Many agnostics or atheist act more Christian in their lives with loving qualities than many alleged real " Christians " I've known over the years. It's not a " mistake " to turn your back on scriptures- it's an alternative life style. And not good or bad.

You state in your post : " From the Almighty's perspective you are better off in the cult and believing in him than denying him. " Oh really ? How is a person better off believing in lies and false illusions of the WT society promising a fake paradise and keeping people in fear of a never going to happen Armageddon ? And I'm sure the JW older people are better off giving $$$$ and inheritances to the top dogs at WT society so the GB can have a nice , comfortable retirement ? While older witnesses go on food stamps and live in poverty so the WT powers can live easy ?

I have 84 and 82 year old parents who have been deceived by the WT mind control since 1951 . They never thought they would die - EVER ! Try telling me that my dad who is a long time elder and perplexed about the fact he even GOT to this age in this " wicked system " was better off being lied to all those years. What good did it do him ? Did it make him live longer ? Nope. He will die like you and me Jonathan , and everybody else. Whether there IS anything after death - I guess we will ALL find out once we get to the other side of life after dying ourselves.

Until then - I still believe there is NOTHING wrong with saying we just don't know. I'm a happy person . Just because a person exits the witnesses doesn't mean they HAVE to join another religion and fall under control again ! If they choose to be agnostic or atheist - they can be just as happy and successful as someone who chooses to join a new church. There is no " right way " or " wrong way " to exit the JW cult. Just get the hell out of the cult. Doesn't matter.

GL TIREBITER- Good points you make . Exactly. The WT socoiety makes it's members feel one inch tall and cuts them down to size constantly telling them how sinful and imperfect and weak they are. It's ridiculous. It's a mind control tactic they use to keep members feeling unworthy of even thinking for themselves and using their own minds. They WANT members to rely TOTALLY on the WT sociey for advice so they can control them. If a person becomes non-religious after exiting the witnesses though- it DOESN' T mean they will fall apart or become a bad person. That is a scare tactic ALL cults and religions use to keep members fearful of leaving. You are right people will have their ups and downs after leaving the witnesses - but at least they are ALLOWED to have their ups and downs ! And THAT is the difference after exiting the witnesses. We were not allowed to be spiritually down inside Jehovah's Witnesses - or we'd be thought of as being " spiritually weak " and be shunned. The elders make people feel that if they are " weak spiritually " they are deemed " wicked or sinful ".

So now we have the option of being strong or weak - but without being judged ! Isn't that an amazing free feeling to have ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Until then - I still believe there is NOTHING wrong with saying we just don't know. I'm a happy person . Just because a person exits the witnesses doesn't mean they HAVE to join another religion and fall under control again ! If they choose to be agnostic or atheist - they can be just as happy and successful as someone who chooses to join a new church. There is no " right way " or " wrong way " to exit the JW cult. Just get the hell out of the cult. Doesn't matter.

You're wrong, Flipper. I'm looking at it from God's perspective, not man's. As I said here and on other posts, atheists and God-haters can have great lives now, and for themselves leaving the cult is a good for them, now, in this life. But if they deny Christ and God and turn their back on Him, then from God's perspective, not man's, they are better off in the Society, in the long run, when it is all said and done. A great, happy life won't do the person any good in the end if it comes at the expense of denying God and becoming anti-Christ. Nowhere did I say that Christians have better lives, or that atheists are Godhaters - they can't be because they don't believe in God. And just to clarify, I said nothing about agnostics. I'll re-post what I actually said:

But whatever you do, don't make the mistake of turning your back on Scripture like the ex-JW atheists and God-haters on this site have done; they are just Satan's minions and offer very little in the long run. The biggest mistake you can do is pretend that the Bible is not the word of God, and thereby do your own thing as you see fit. It's understandable that the JWs have poisoned you to the truth as represented in the Bible, but that is their version, their error, and that's based on their NWT Bible, which is no real Bible at all. If you have been in for very long, you probably have been brainwashed to believe that Christendom is the work of Satan. It's not. You probably think the Trinity is the work of the devil. It's not. You have just been mislead to believe that.

Don't turn your back on Him and deny Him. Do not be anti-Christ. Don't swing from one ridiculous extreme to another more ridiculous extreme. From the Almighty's perspective you are better off in the cult and believing in Him than denying Him. I don't need to tell you the risks involved. Plenty of good protestants and catholics out there. Some of them are preaching on the radio.

Nice initial post by Flipper, though. Not taking anything away from that.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#trinity-home

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jona,

So tell I'm curious,,You say that a person is better off in a cult that believes in Jehovah than being an atheist. Why is that do you still hold to the idea that god punish people for not believing and if you do how do you get around the very plain fact that this make god appear petty and egotistically cruel?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So what about those of us who have not managed to find a "purpose" to replace JW beliefs? Are we unspecial failures?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    So what about those of us who have not managed to find a "purpose" to replace JW beliefs? Are we unspecial failures?

I don't know about that group, unless they are avowed atheists or God-haters; the anti-Christs of the world.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• flipper
    flipper

JONATHAN DOUGH- I saw and read what you wrote. I don't need clarification on what you said. I'm not wrong I feel and also you are free to pursue your Christianity if you'd like. Everything I told you is the truth and accurate. People are NOT better off in a mind control cult- Wt society, Scientologists or any other cult. They don't have freedom of thought and control of their lives - the cults do. I agree to disagree with you. Carry on however you like.

FRANKIESPEAKIN- I agree with you- the God of the Watchtower society and the Bible is very cruel if everything is to be believed in the Bible.

SLIMBOYFAT- None of us are failures if we haven't found a purpose after leaving the witnesses. Life is a learning process and many of us are discovering our new purpose . And that's a good thing

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder about the utility of calling people "special" willy nilly. I am not special frankly, but I try not to let it get me down.

Since many of the mental distortions and thoughtless actions when we were Jehovah's Witnesses may actually be attributed to a sense that we were "special" maybe this is not a feeling to be maintained in another form and cultivated at all costs.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I think it should be stated that some of the controlled moral behaviors controlled and impressed onto a

typical JW are not all bad, there is some good and virtuous guidance being put forth, which could be said of many religious faiths

and organized beliefs. But for most of us that left there was too much of the bad disingenuous stuff to continue fully supporting the

organization as a whole. As they say no need to throw the baby out with the bath water, when the baby is just fine.

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT- Well, I feel everybody is special to some extent. All humans have capability to love, feel, think, and be a force for good. But I see the point you are making- perhaps the feeling of being special was put forth in the witnesses. And I agree maybe we don't NEED to feel special. We just are what we are. We exist and are what we are. I too don't feel people should attempt to be special at all costs. But I do feel everybody is valuable. Just my personal thoughts there.

ALMIGHTY HOMER- I agree- there was a some good things and qualities I learned in the witnesses that can be useful in being a decent person. However the negative aspects of the mind control outweighed the positive

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Slim,

Since many of the mental distortions and thoughtless actions when we were Jehovah's Witnesses may actually be attributed to a sense that we
    were "special" maybe this is not a feeling to be maintained in another form and cultivated at all costs.

I agree and think that if we feel the need to be special that this may be a contributor to depression and wasted energy better spent else where, as Spock would say:"the need to feel special is illogical" and often counter productive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit