You are Still Special After Exiting the Witnesses-You Have a Purpose in Life

by flipper 57 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If everyone is special then "special" is meaningless. You might as well say everyone just is, and leave it like that.

I do however agree with the point you quote from Hassan about taking the passive desire we had as Jehovah's Witnesses for a better world and changing that into productive action.

As Ghandi said: "be the change you want to see in the world".

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKIESPEAKIN- I don't mean feeling special in the conceited sense of the word- but in a general sense that EVERYBODY brings something to the table in a sense due to things they have experienced and gone through. Like people on this board - everybody is unique.

SLIMBOYFAT- I think what I mean by everybody being special is that everybody can bring experiences they've gone though - and help other people understand what they go through as well. So everyone is unique- I think I meant special in THAT way. Not a conceit thing at all

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this old thread up from my archives that might assist newer members to feel better about the road they are on after exiting the Witnesses. Sometimes after exiting we wonder what we will do or pursue. This thread based on Steve Hassan's books may help you to get some ideas. Any comments welcome ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• clarity
    clarity

You know what flipper............... just YOU being on

this site with your wonderful supportive personality...

makes us feel good & so glad to be free! Thanks.

clarity

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Cheers mister flipper, a right rivetting read it is too!

I can't read Steve Hassans books just yet, if they were lying around the house they might raise suspicion somewhat, so thanks for posting excerpts!

• flipper
    flipper

CLARITY- Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I know how difficult it is to start again after being in the JW cult so many years- so I just want to be there for people like lots of us do on this board as well.

CAPTAIN BLITHERING- I'm glad you enjoyed reading snippets of Hassan's book. Yeah, if you get a chance I would CAREFULLY read it on the sly so your wife won't know somehow. It will really inform you and connect a lot of JW dots in order to understand how the WT Society was able to mind control us for so long. Just be cautious. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Thanks Mr flipper, i dont know how that's gonna happen unless I manage to get it electronically... I'd like to read Franz' works too, but it's kinda difficult..

• flipper
    flipper

CAPTAIN BLITHERING- I understand completely. It is hard when you're still living with a JW wife to do research. Well, hang in there as best you can. We will be here as a support to you, O.K. ? Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit