You are Still Special After Exiting the Witnesses-You Have a Purpose in Life

by flipper 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I found my purpose in life. I exist to be Rocco's jungle gym and chew toy extrordinaire. I'm really too tired for anything else.

W

• flipper
    flipper

FINALLY FREE- I'm glad you found Rocco, and he found you ! He is a really cool bird. So you are his built in jungle jim ? That's funny ! And chew toy ? Hope he doesn't tear all your hair out or something ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I wanted to bump this up for newbies on our board to help them see that after exiting the witnesses - you don't have to feel bad about yourselves. There is a life and possibilities of great happiness after leaving the witnesses, believe me. All comments welcome

• White Dove
    White Dove

I just read it and wished it was available when I felt so unanchored. Thanks, Flipper:)

• flipper
    flipper

WHITE DOVE- Hey sis - nice to hear from you. I do hope you are feeling more anchored these days ! Now and the future - that is what counts fo many of us who have recovered from the oppressive tentacles ( as Rick Ferron calls them ) of the WT society . Keep up the good work sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I rather not be frustrated by the beleif that some deity is going to punish or reward me if i do this or that.

And this video says it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYqV1z7PGk&feature=related

• flipper
    flipper

FRANKIESPEAKIN- Very good u-tube ! Thanks for posting. I agree with a lot of what was in it. Many times there is NO rason why good things happen, or bad things happen- stuff just happens . I do subscribe to a lot of the atheist type views

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

But whatever you do, don't make the mistake of turning your back on Scripture like the ex-JW atheists and God-haters on this site have done; they are just Satan's minions and offer very little in the long run. The biggest mistake you can do is pretend that the Bible is not the word of God, and thereby do your own thing as you see fit. It's understandable that the JWs have poisoned you to the truth as represented in the Bible, but that is their version, their error, and that's based on their NWT Bible, which is no real Bible at all. If you have been in for very long, you probably have been brainwashed to believe that Christendom is the work of Satan. It's not. You probably think the Trinity is the work of the devil. It's not. You have just been mislead to believe that.

Don't turn your back on Him and deny Him. Do not be anti-Christ. Don't swing from one ridiculous extreme to another more ridiculous extreme. From the Almighty's perspective you are better off in the cult and believing in Him than denying Him. I don't need to tell you the risks involved. Plenty of good protestants and catholics out there. Some of them are preaching on the radio.

Nice initial post by Flipper, though. Not taking anything away from that.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html#trinity-home

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Great post, Flipper!

First and most important, you must learn to believe in yourself. After years of being told that your "independent thinking" will lead to your doom, that the best you can hope for is to be among the "other sheep" living out an eternal consolation prize, that all you're good for is blind obedience to the comands of the "annointed ones", "Yes you can!" is a hard lesson to learn--and a very important one. Like an emotionally abusive spouse or parent, the WT organization convinces you that you're worthless without them. Don't believe that!

"Know then thyself..." Take the time to discover yourself, the real self beneath the organization's veneer. It's the first step on the journey to your real life, in the real world. Take your time, take it slow, and do it right this time. Paraphrasing Jonathan Dough, rebounding to the opposite extreme can lead you to a place just as regrettable as the one you fled from.

You will have your ups, you will have your downs. Don't be discouraged, things improve with time and effort.

GLT

• jonathan dough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit