Jehovah Witnesses are NOT a bad Cult but man made type spiritual guide

by Butterflyleia85 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

When I was a Jehovah's Witness I remember these debates being mentioned about the raps of innocent children that elders commented, the blacks and whites segregation, the crosses and Christmas tree in the B ethal , etc. Jehovah's Witnesses have always been harassed for these things. With the changing world and knowledge of the scriptures they work hard to try to work towards accurateness. I commend them for that. They are ONLY human and have done greater good then bad. I say this because I witness individual people, witnesses, who devote their whole lives in helping others and caring for a person deep down, not thinking this is what the Jehovah's Witness society said cause they are my leader but because they felt good come from it. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_would_you_define_a_cult (when i looked up what a cult was I came across this) cult-a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies; a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader. (dictionary.com)

For example the US Government, many of US citizens would say that this is the best country to live in but it has errored too. There are many doctors that are licensed and have errored. As well as many professions that are trained to do their job but because we are human have errored.

To put this in a logical sense we need something to give use mental nourishment, physiological guidance, to inspire, build up, and motivate.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have changed allot sense 1970's. It has because people change and have to consider every aspect of life. Dealing with a vast body of people and hearing complaints and pleads they have considered their rights and respects of a human being thus having to humble themselves as well. My fiance has been raised in Church of God one thing he notes is how they speak out or peach in humbleness is by always say this is our interpretation of the scriptures. So I also assume with many nondenominational religions they have this in like mind.

One thing I do want to reveal is they always reference to the Bible and as a body work hard to work in harmony with what the Scriptures say. "Jehovah reveals all things at appointed time" "Jehovah uses imperfect men" "They will reap what they sow". The Governing body and all of their members know the scriptures and know God judges their hearts. Until then Jehovah will give us strength. He doesn't give us what we can't handle. Man has an amazing ability to live throw the hard times and cope with the bad.

I also consider Moses that lead Israel. He made his mistakes. As many Prophets in the Bible did. We do have our perceptive powers and power of reasoning. God gave us that.

I feel like the ninja that left his master... (a movie I watched an forget the name too) lol I was trained by the 'cult' (still seems a bet disrespectful to use this term) but left the 'cult' for a greater good. God said their would be wolves in sheep clothing among the sheep... don't disregard all the sheep as a whole, only the wolves in it. I can't deny though I am thankful for the Jehovah's Witness to draw me closer to the Bible and have good and positive wisdom to face challenges with a mild and loving heart.

I just hope the light will get brighter (turn on... haha) for them when it comes to deciding the case of wrongdoers giving them stepping stones for them to reach success. It's easy to push someone off the edge but to reel them back up takes effort. I climbed my way up maybe on a different mountain away from my family but at least I'm safe and happy. I again want to think those on this JWN board for the Scriptures they have helped pull me up.

My lesson I have learned on here is not to believe every inspired word (raising the JW so highly). Take their reasoning as another way of thinking. Keep your mind and heart balanced when deciding what is right and what is wrong. Keep God's word strong and have an open mind by continue questioning and have full understanding.

On behalf of Jehovah's Witness... I guess for them 'it's better to error in good then in bad.' (with the mind set of their good intentions)

-butterfly aka ...Be easily forgiving

• poppers
    poppers

Wow - let's see how others view this. I don't think you'll get much support with your assertion.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Ok everyone be gently with Butterfly, she's new here!

Here's what I've said in the past. I like myself - I think I'm a good person - I'm moral, law-abiding, friendly and have good character...and I credit being a JW with influencing those traits in me. I don't want to take that away from the organization. They do teach a good groundwork for understanding the difference between good and bad, and encouraging good behaviour in their members. But I think I could have learned that same lesson had I been a member in ANY other religion. It was my willingness to be a "good" person that made me a "good" person. I guess what they refer to as someone who is "honest hearted."

That being said, I came to recognize that the WBTS wasn't being as honest as they pretend to be; and it was that dishonesty that led to me leaving them. I take away with me, however, the lessons I learned - I threw out the dishonest ones and choose to keep the core values of goodness and love. I don't expect the organization's light to get brighter. I do, however, hold out hope that others (like you and me) will recognize the BS for what it is and leave.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Individuals may be wonderful people, don't decide that the organization is okay because the individuals are good people.
    They are sheep being led to the slaughter by WTS.

Do you remember the JW example of a glass of water with a drop of poison in it? No matter the good, WTS has to answer for it's destruction of families to the shunning policy just because a person stops believing their doctrine. They have to answer for their blood policy and the loss of lives. They have to answer for their mishandling of victims of child abuse. These are pretty big doses of poison.

There are various thoughts on what makes a cult. I skip the general word "cult" and go right to calling them a "dangerous mind-control cult." The basic definition is found in Steve Hassan's COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL and website. Look it up here: http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/faq/ (Notice No. 1 and 2 particularly and link to BITE at http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/articles/BITE.htm)

Also, if Jehovah's Witnesses are guided by God's spirit, they would not flipflop on many of their understandings. I mean, a clear example is "this generation." (Go to http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php and notice the purple and blue box.) The light getting brighter is more aptly described as a switch they turn on and off again.

If you have not read Ray Franz's CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE, that can be one of the biggest eye-openers a JW can receive. Try it.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Wish I there was a group called "NOT spiritually WEAK but spiritually (Liberal)" lol. Not narrow thinking but accurate thinking. JW / Rehabilitation helping to good and motivation those broken in spirit. A new type of evangelize! (I guess that's all wishful thinking for now but I wish)

to my friend who turned to drugs... to my friend who hated being gay... to my friend that was misunderstood...

I pray for you all. (they were DFed but all had good hearts)

to the rebels at the hall... to the hypocrites but good intentions... to the liberal...

I understand now... sorry I was shady, stuck up, narrow minded...

to Jehovah I thank you for being the reveler of all secrets.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Butterflyleia85,

If I understood your post correctly you mentioned how God has used imperfect men to lead his people...and that is correct. You referenced Moses and the prophets. God's word clearly reveals to us that he chose them, and we can see this and when they were chosen. Can we say the same for the GB? They make large claims, yes. But that just means a self-appointment. Can you demonstrate God's hand in choosing the Wt to lead his people? On what basis would you say this happened?

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Good point... I been poking at my 'wise' grandma (with claims of getting back in, but not lieing i have called the elders to talk bout coming back), but bringing up things i found on here slow and with hopefully a good out comes. I will see what she has to say on that.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Butterfly,

Do you believe that the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands, of JW children and adults, caused by the WTS's on-and-off blood and organ transplant policy, are the work of a benevolent "spiritual guide"?

• poppers
    poppers

I feel like the ninja that left his master... (a movie I watched an forget the name too) lol I was trained by the 'cult' (still seems a bet disrespectful to use this term) but left the 'cult' for a greater good.

I would like to hear about this part. What were your reasons for leaving?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I use to think that JW's were not a cult when I first left. That had everything to do with my limited understanding of cults (I was still using the definition of cults by JW's, which is basically, Jim Jones types) It also had a lot to do with the fact that I didn't want to look in the mirror and admit that I was in a cult.

Because I think its a process, over time, be open to the idea that you may change your thinking. (thank god you can do that.) It isn't necesarry for you to think that JW's are a cult. At the very least, based on what definition you want to use, they are a high control group.

Learning how to see JW's and ourselves after we leave is part of the exit process, part of the healing and part of our personal growth. This could be a very good thread for you to accomplish that butterfly. My best wishes to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit