What exactly are JWs unique in?

by isaacaustin 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Their view of the ressurection and the soul seem unique to me.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Deputy Dog,

I had thought Christadelphians had an almost identical view on that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    True that but they die with a peace of mind. That's all I want to do live and die in peace...
    Still searching...

I have Family I love,who think the same..

I have no need to change anyones mind..

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

They have some things in common.

The Jesus/Michael thing is unique. The Christadelphian Jesus had no pre-existence

The Christadelphians view of the soul is not as defined as the JWs as far as I can see.

• wobble
    wobble

"The word Soul refers to a living creature that can die, life itself , or the ways life can be manifested. It never conveys the idea of immortality. "

from "Thine is the Kingdom" a Christadelphian publication, they have not changed their doctrines in 150 years, unlike the Dubs.

This sounds very much like the Dub doctrine of the soul to me.

I think many posters have answered on topic, and shown what JW's are unique in,which is good, but for the benefit of Newbies and Lurkers perhaps I could sum up the problem of 1919.

Today's GB claims its authority from being chosen, by The Lord Jesus, in 1919. if it cannot show why it should have been chosen, by pointing to ONE reason (doctrine) then it is LYING and has no mandate to speak for God,or to expect JW's to follow it,support it, listen to it or give money to it.

Love

Wobble

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Wobble

What would the Christadelphians do with the "Life-force" and "personality pattern"?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Forgive me if it's been mentioned before. The "torture stake"?

villabolo

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks wobble. I had thought the main difference between JWs and Christadelhians was the Christadelphian do not acknowledge the personality of the Devil. Question- Do they use the same logic as the JWs not acknowledging the Holy Spirit as a person?

torture stake- I think that is unique to the JWs. Anyone?

Of course, this was nout unique to the JWs during the oh so important inspection period though. If I am not mistaken, a Wt article lists the use of the cross as one of the things that made the WT unclean and get sent away in Babylonish captivity in 1918. The question must be asked then why they were realsed and chosen in 1919 when still practicing this- and for many years later.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

Question- Do they use the same logic as the JWs not acknowledging the Holy Spirit as a person?

From what I've read it's the same or very close to the same.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

That was what I gathered as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit