What's in a name?

by dissed 58 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

Dark Shawdows was a JW no-no.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, I watched the Smurfs, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Knight Rider, Herbert W. Armstrong, and John Ankerberg, so I guess I watched a lot of no-no TV. I also loved soaps, especially Texas and Another World. Those were on after I came home from school. Don't think the elders would have been pleased.

Dark Shadows had a cool story and cooler characters. Oh yeah, and I loved watching Elvira too. I caught her whenever I could.

This is the dorama that was my favorite show in the mid-90s (well, other than Beavis and Butthead):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbxrS_jSdVA

I wanna watch this show again! I wish it was out on DVD or something. The quality of the Youtube clips makes me think it might be but I haven't been able to find it.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Leo! Sounds like you were not a very good little Dub!

I never got to watch Dark Shadows.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Because it was and still is my favourite film, great music and zany humour - and a sort of a play on the J W greeting to each other..

NB I look nothing like John Belushi in my avatar

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

cameo-d

well it was supposed to be camero for the car....but I misspelled it. And the d part was something that was automatically generated from a list.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I chose Hopscotch because it is the title of one of my favourite movies starring Walter Matthau and Glenda Jackson. The movie is about a CIA agent who gets tired of the lies and dirty tricks going on in the agency so he bucks the system. When his boss then tries to demote him he turns the tables on him and exposes some of the CIAs little secrets. It is a very clever and very funny movie. So I thought it was kind of an appropriate name then to use for someone who leaves the JWs and is helping expose their lies and dirty tricks.

Hopscotch

• four candles
    four candles

Because it was and still is my favourite film, great music and zany humour - and a sort of a play on the J W greeting to each other..

Great film BB,love it myself.

• dissed
    dissed

"We're on a mission from God!"

By buddy, a former Catholic fell on the floor laughing when the penguins floated away. "That's exactly how we felt about them!"

• dissed
    dissed

Leo

Herbert Armstrong?

We liked the son, Garner Ted, kicked out for 'covert philandering'. Now that's a good theocratic term for DF'y someone. "Brother so 'n so has been disfellowshipped for covert philandering."

A lot of the JW's thought he was using WT pubs for his talks.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Sad - because I have suicidal tendencies.

(((((((Sad Emo))))))) When those tendencies emerge, picture me holding your hand and talking you through them.

Sylvia is my given name, by the midwife who helped my mother birth me.

Snowbird is the nick given by a group of outcasts at my high school.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit