What's in a name?

by dissed 58 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

Its Friday, and you know what that means?

Its time for the weekly tradition of sharing what your name means and why you chose it.

There has to be a reason, and it must reveal to us something special about you.

Sure this post has probably been run by the Forum before, but many of us are new here, and 'by golly, we need to get to know you all better.'

Even if you are using your real name, why and the heck ARE you using it? What's a Purplesofa? Why is OUTLAW the OUTLAW? And why is Elsewhere, everywhere?

And oh, by the way, would you please include your telephone number, your address, your congregation name, city of location, Presiding Overseer, and branch office. I promise not to share this with the Governing Body, its for my file purposes only.***

If you are good and participate, Jeanniebeanz might even give you a slice of pizza..

*** I am in no way associated with the 'Turn in a JW Apostate for Kingdom Catalog Awards' program

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Dang it... I didn't budget for Friday night pizza... what was I thinking??

lol

Jeanniebeanz is the nick-name that my older brother and dad called me. I loved them, thought they loved me too, they walked away from me when I left the Borg... I still love the name just because it was mine when they loved me...

You know... sentimental BS from a big hearted softie... what can I say?

J

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

lisa < my first name

vegas < the stage name I used when strippin'

420 < our house number....yes it is. I know what you all thought

lisa

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

you had me at strippin'

====

Bird of prey. Ghost of the forest.

Goshawk (killer of threads class)

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I despised the back-stabbing lies that the co and former fellow elders did.

Therefore I selected the name straightshooter in my appreciation of not siding with these lying back-stabbers.

• four candles
    four candles

Four candles.....or Fork Handles.......a sketch by UK act the 2 Ronnies. Funny....check it out on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu9MptWyCB8

• Casper
    Casper

Casper-

The WTS drummed into our heads that if we left we would be "Dead" to them and to Jehovah.

So, I'm a Ghost ... at least, I'm a friendly one.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

There was a time when the void threatened to eat me whole; I chose instead to eat the void

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I first got online over a decade ago, I needed a name and everything I put in was taken.

I looked around the living room for ideas and that's how purplesofa how I came up with the nickname.

I was a furniture buyer for a store in Missouri, just coming out of being on the welfare system when I bought my

purple leather sofa, special custom ordered from Italy. I waited six months for it's arrival, it had a delay because

of an earthquake in California where it was to be docked.

The store I worked for was conservative, with mostly burgandy's, hunter greens and bombler jacket leathers being bought.

I decided I wanted something different and wanted to offer different choices to our customers.

We sold allot of purple sofas after my initial purchase, and well, purple soon became a popular decorating colour in the late nineties

and early 2000's. I still have the sofa, it has lots of scars now, kids, pets, been moved allot. But it became a symbol

of my hard work to get off welfare, taking risks, and my new found outlet for creativity and expression.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I'm slight of build (6'4" 240#) and my real last name is Williams. That and I love the inuendo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit