What's in a name?

by dissed 58 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

"A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

I can relate to Richard. A misunderstood, monstrous killer. My kind of guy.

Still waiting for your credit card information...tick,tick,tick...

If you can't find yours, your mom or dad's will do.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    And the answer to PS 15:1 is PS 15:2

Yes, dear Dissed... and 15:3, 4, and 5. But my forum name only came from verse 1. The other verses still need to be answered in my case (well, actually, they have been, unfortunatley. Praise JAH, though, as a sacrifice has already been offered up!)

Leolaia!! Finally!! Someone who remembers Kimba the White Lion!! And Kitty!! (Shelby hums: "Who lives down in deepest, darkest Africa (Africa)... sumthin', sumthin', da da dee dee dummmmm... oooh oooh oooh... who lives down in deepest, darkest Africa... Kimba the White Lion is the one!"). Or sumthin' like that - LOL! I have mentioned that cartoon for years and no one ever recalls it. Until now! I'm thinking you must also remember (and maybe even watched "Dark Shadows"?! If so, I hear a movie's comin' out...)

Anywho... peace to you, both!

(Oh, and it's a FORD Mustang Cobra - doh! I'm surprised no one (i.e.,none of the fellas) caught that...)

SA, a slave of Christ

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Ada is German for happy, Makawee is Native American for Earth's Handmaiden. Yup I'm a treehugger. But I'm a happy one!

Ada

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Four candles - I watched the whole video - never seen it before, very funny

And Lisa, like Four Candles, Do you have a video to share? Just curious, its for my file...that's it, my file. Would you be so kind to PM it to me?

Avishai - That is cool. Too bad I threw away all my lexicons. Maybe someone who hasn't burned there Heb. books can share with us the meaning.

And Lisa, PLEASE don't forget to send that video.

Actually one night a customer slipped is with a little video camera. But the video is a VHS. I have a copy of it. I haven't figured how to transfer VHS to DVD. Plus, half way though the video, my son, 9 at the time, taped over part of the video with his magic tricks. Now years later, the whole tape is funny as hell.

lisa

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Sad - because I have suicidal tendencies.

emo - because I like electro music (emo was short for 'electro-mosher' before its current use!)

• dissed
    dissed

Leolaia

When dating. my wife and I were members of an informal 'B' movie club.

Japanese monster movies have always had a place in my heart

This is the classic clip of when Godzooki became a man, I mean a monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su3g9_y4gkA

My dream vacation? A visit to Monster Island

This is the funniest commercial EVER made. WARNING: Do not drink while watching! Not responsible for damage to your computer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZBxLjk4qs&feature=PlayList&p=10C2B68BB431F9A7&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32

• parakeet
    parakeet

Big Tex (and Shakespeare): "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

My version: "That which we call the governing body by any other name would stink the same."

I'm parakeet because I love all birds, but especially parrots and parakeets.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Leolaia!! Finally!! Someone who remembers Kimba the White Lion!! And Kitty!!

We had it all in Hawaii :)

I'm thinking you must also remember (and maybe even watched "Dark Shadows"?!

Yup...I watched that religiously in the mid-'80s. Mind you, the episodes were from the '60s, old black and white, but it was a fun show. I heard it was a big influence on Johnny Depp.

dissed.....I wanna go to Infant island and hear the twin fairies sing out to Mothra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcvVMDAN2k

I got to go to the Tokyo Anime Center when I was in Japan last month....I got a real nice Astroboy T-shirt.

• Twitch
    Twitch

An old gaming handle I used

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I watched [Dark Shadows] religiously in the mid-'80s.

Yeah, no... I actually watched the old black and white episodes in the '60s. Oh, the HORRORR!!!!

Peace!

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit