Reform, can it be?

by jookbeard 90 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, perhaps you are not aware that the New World translation mistranslates Acts 15:29 as 'good health to you'...when it should be correctly translated as "You will do well". Health should not enter the question here- the main reason JWs abstain is they feel is is God's command. Of course the gov body grossly misunderstands Acts 15:29...abstain from blood is a repeat of the guidelines in Levit 17 and 18 that a sojourner in the nation of Israel was to abide by...these were put into place in Acts to maintain peace btween the zealous for the Law Jews and the newly converted Gentile Christians. That's all there was to it. In Levit is CLEARLY states the eating of animal blood. This was not a permanent injunction but simply guidelines to ease the tension in the cong.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

of course any medical procedure has risks, why the national appeal in the UK for blood donors, millions of lives are saved daily, if you had kids may be you'd think differently, still your WTS leaders like that stigma, if ever there was proof that the WTS is the brainchild of the Devil, the blood ban is, the scriptural commands are forbidding blood in food not in an medical emergency

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    masturbation is understood for those who have been abused....yup an E told me that. Apparently there was an article about 5 years ago saying that if someone had been raped or abused then masturbation maybe needed for them even though it may cause them pain due to recalling the experience. I thought that was so loving and a good reminder that Jah understands...xxxxxxxxxxx

Actually, masturbation is not something that prevent someone from being baptized. As far as your example, it is well documented that elders pretty much can say whatever pops into their head, and most of the congregation will believe that as coming from Jah.

AE, I am concerned that your thoughts here, while clearly defending what you believe as best you can, lack a great deal.

I would also remind others here that to expect a practicing JW to abandon the blood doctrine is unreasonable. It is an unreasonable and untenable dogma straight out of the pages of the WT. The rank and file, from elders on down, or only going to say it more poorly then the WT does.

It's enough for me to know that AE believes it. That of course doesn't mean she can defend it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, one must evaluate for themself the risk of a transfusion. No medical treatemnt is without side effects. it is irrelevant to this discussion though, since that is not why the gov body banned it. And JWs do not abstain from blood and also support blood transfusions, but hypocritically and selfishly can not donate. They can accept fractions from blood not poured out. The gov body knows they have screwed up but can lift the banned or they'd be sued out of existance- and they know it.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Hi alltimejeff....no i didnt think masturbation would prevent someone from being baptised....was just saying how it isnt wrong for all. :)

Yup totally agree with not taking blood. :)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Why do you feel the GB is correct on blood?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE's you told me some time back you cant have kids, perhaps that is a good thing and a punishment for an attitude you've displayed in the posts above, children are a gift from our God, not be murdered and suffer long slow deaths when certain medical procedures are withheld from them, parents who force this on their children should be hung

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, How can you trust the gov body in issues such as health when they have such a poor track record in that area and they have harmed so many of their followers in the past- only to have to correct those errors. What makes you s sure they are right here?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yeah, I kind of agree with JB. Thank God you can't have kids. They would be at serious risk.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Jb if your words were true that would be extremely unkind thing to say.....but actually your totally wrong...but still you have shown your evil.....fairwell.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit