Are the Jehovah's Witnesses, under the direction of the GB Jah's org?

by isaacaustin 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

if they are not false prophets AE the hell are they FFS?, Wobble fine words

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE said: They arent false prophets.... they said the end would come,well we could look at it this way, they were right, the world entered the last days in 1914. So yes they were corrrect that the end had come but hadnt clearly got it spot on,so to speak,for the end of the generation,last days happened...and world war 2 happened in 1914 too!!

My reply: They certainly are. Even IF we assume 1914 is correct, NOTHING they said would happen happened. Your logic would be like me announcing on 1/1/2008 that a nuclear war would come to America in 2008. I would then say on 1/1/2009 that my prophecy came true, I didn't understand all the details and wasn't spot on but an African American was was elected president...something very special happened.

WW1 happened in 1914- not WW2. That does not prove a thing. Nothing that was said to happen (and announced as indisputable and God's dates) happened. That is called a false prophecy...however you slice it. The WT has spoken out against other group doin gthe same things as them.

But false prophets issue aside, it was at the very least a false teaching. Why would Jesus chose as his stewards a group wrought with such major false teachings??? They were not unque in their teachings/beleifs (assuming those were correct). So why?????

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Isaac he must be thinking of the Boar War LOL

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And AE, I would also be interested in you explaining 1914 to me. How is that time arrived at?? How could one pick up the Bible and come to that time frame?

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Angeleyes my dear,

: The org have nothing to do with politics (the u.n rumour was a lie which they confirmed!)

In what way was it a lie? Are you saying you disbelieve they were part of the UN in a non-governmental capacity - same as every other religion?

Why do you believe its a lie? Did you do any research or do you simply accept the WTS's statement on the matter? Perhaps they are the ones who are lying.

: Do they use Jahs name in their worship?

First of all "Jehovah" is not God's name. It never was. It's just a made up word based on the combination of two other words.

Secondly, yes, they do. I've heard the word "Jehovah" used countless times at numerous churches. But the only place I've heard it OBSESSED over is at the Kingdom Hall.

: Jw are the one religion i know where those who leave or are removed continue to attack the org...thats evidence that we as apart of Jahs org must be serving Jehovah for we well know that we shall be attacked.

Google "Mormonism". Google "Christian Science". Google "Scientology". Google "Unification Church". Google "Christadelphians". Google "Adventism".

Seriously, you have to do some research. So many of your beliefs are based on PARTIAL information.

: They do not have angelic revelation

I agree with you. But Rutherford did not:

"Certain duties and kingdom interests have been committed by the Lord to his angels, which include the transmission of information to God's anointed people on the earth for their aid and comfort." –Preparation, 1933, page 36.

"These angels are invisible to human eyes and are there to carry out the orders of the Lord. No doubt they first hear the instruction which the Lord issues to his remnant and then these invisible messengers pass such instructions on to the remnant." –Vindication III, 1932, page 250.

Was Rutherford wrong when he claimed to have angelic revelations? If so, why should I believe the leaders of the WTS now when they claim to receive information from the Holy Spirit?

:Yes they believed 1914 the end would come, yes an error but humbly they admitted they were wrong.

Humbly? More often then not, they shift the blame to the rank and file members who they say inferred more than was said.

: They arent false prophets

How so? What is your defition of a false prophet? If they were false prophets, would you still follow them?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Angel Eyes said:

Jw are the one religion i know where those who leave or are removed continue to attack the org...thats evidence that we as apart of Jahs org must be serving Jehovah for we well know that we shall be attacked.
    Dont you see satan is getting people to attack Jahs GB.....clearly satan doesnt want us to listen. Hmmmmmmmm i wonder why???

As has already been pointed out, there are many other religions that are criticized by former members. Angel Eyes, did you ever stop to think that maybe people who attack the WB&TS do so with good reason? There is only so much suffering a person can take before they fight back, and there's been no shortage of suffering due to this evil cult! I can't even imagine the thousands who have been put in harm's way because of the unscriptural issues with the ban on blood transfusions and higher education, the condoning of child molestation and domestic violence and the demand for neutrality to the point of refusing even non-military service.

Some people have no true sense of reality in everyday life, let alone religious beliefs. Everything is fine unless a piece of the sky falls on their heads. As disgusting as that is, the fact remains that evil prevails when good men do nothing.

• dissed
    dissed

Wow, are you that blind? Is this a put on?

What about the Mormons? Scientology? Catholics?

Do a web search on Mormons and find out for yourself why your thoughts are so wrong.

I'm starting to wonder about you......

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

some wake up due to an examination of the org shwoing them they are not the truth. Others, and I think AE will be one of them, will have to experience the heavy hand of the organization before they wake up. i think it would probably take a wrongful disfellowshipping to awaken her, or something of that sort. But, i think it would do her good.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Issac

some wake up due to an examination of the org shwoing them they are not the truth. Others, and I think AE will be one of them, will have to experience the heavy hand of the organization before they wake up.

Remember, it's a work of God, not the flesh.

It's the hardest thing for me to remember sometimes.

2Ti 2:24And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Angel Eyes.

I look forward to reading your answers to Isaac's questions. I'd be really interested to hear your take on things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit