Are the Jehovah's Witnesses, under the direction of the GB Jah's org?

by isaacaustin 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Yes they believed 1914 the end would come, yes an error but humbly they admitted they were wrong. Jesus was asked to call down the angels to free him from the stake....he didnt,he had nothing to prove for he knew all would see for themselfs that Jah is the almighty. Likewise the GB are christ followers and are immensely humble, Jehovah didnt prevent the mistake from happening...maybe we should ask ourselfs why??

Surely if they can make enough errors,although not harmful,then many will fall away....our faith is tested in so many ways and this is so obvious.

Dont you see satan is getting people to attack Jahs GB.....clearly satan doesnt want us to listen. Hmmmmmmmm i wonder why???

• teel
    teel

Once a brother argued, that even if in 1914-19 the WTS was full of inaccuracies, and they were not really different from other religions, they were the only ones who accepted guidance from Jehovah (aka the Light that is getting brighter), and that was the basis of Jehovah's choice on them.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE's the early WTS were promoting a number of failed/ false prophesies in those early days , namely that JC's invisible presence came in 1874, CT Russell was embroiled in a serious sex scandal himself, The Divine Plan of the Ages prompted the occult, even Rutherford condemned it later as being Apostate, all from the the WTS own publications, you say I dwell far to much on the past , rightly so dont you think, impossible that Jerk would have selected this Apostate group of Bible Students

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that AE last post pretty much sums things up from here point of view.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

AE's pick up your Bible and read Duet 18,20-22 and read it 10 times

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

They do not have angelic revelation,Jehovah guides them through holy spirit,things are revelaed at the proper time. We have had to adjust our views regarding when the end will come, why is it that important? Surely serving Jah out of love means wanting to serve him for now not for whats in store??

Jw use to celebrate brithdays but that was enlightened.....they smoked too...there will always be light shed on matters but we know that so why would we question it when rarely an error is made. Are we not questioning Jehovah? Are we not saying that he hasnt actually chosen these ones??

I guess when the end comes everyone shall see who the true God is and who his true earthly org are.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE said: Yes they believed 1914 the end would come, yes an error but humbly they admitted they were wrong.

My reply: Humbly addmitting does not change that they were false prophets. And if they made that biug mistake during the inspection of Jesus why would he have chosen them, in light of such a false prophecy??? Apologizing does not excuse false prophecying- the Bible is crytal clear on that.

AE said: Jesus was asked to call down the angels to free him from the stake....he didnt,he had nothing to prove for he knew all would see for themselfs that Jah is the almighty. Likewise the GB are christ followers and are immensely humble, Jehovah didnt prevent the mistake from happening...maybe we should ask ourselfs why??

My reply: What does this have to do with false prophecying????? Jesus asked to be relieved, he didn't preach falsehood in his fathers name.

AE: Surely if they can make enough errors,although not harmful,then many will fall away....our faith is tested in so many ways and this is so obvious.

My reply: Again, back to what makes the Wt different, other than their recent false prophecy during the inspection period???? Why were they chosen?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hi angel eyes,

I am not trying to sidetrack the thread, but I did want to point out that your statement "they have never gone to war" is not exactly correct. Even through WWI, Bible Students (as JW's were known back then) were not forbidden from military service.

"There is no command in the Scriptures against military service. … It would be quite right to shoot, not to kill." Zion's Watch Tower 1898 Aug. 1 p.231 (see also jv p.191)

"There could be nothing against our conscience in going into the army. Wherever we would go we could take the Lord with us, the Captain of our salvation, and wherever we would go we could find opportunities to serve him and his cause." Zion's Watch Tower 1903 Apr. 15 p.120

They were encouraged to "shoot over the heads of their ememy", but who knows how many actually did that when faced with the loss of their own lives in the heat of battle. They were not forbidden from military service until later in the 20th Century. I am not sure of the exact date that the position changed, but I would venture to say that they were already "God's channel on earth" by that time. Food for thought...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

birthdays/smoking/drinking/beards/women not covering heads are minor things , but actively promoting false/failed prophecies is a different matter, and prove that the Holy Spirit is shone onto the G/B and dont say because the WT is printed in a zillion different languages

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wow, this reads like a typical conversation with any JW:

They point out the uber awesomness of the WT and the GB

You point out that is not the case, you show the proof

They pick out a few passages they have been told answer all the questions

You showed them that is not the case, not even close.

They admit they are imperfect, quite the change from the uber awesomeness beginning !

You show are FAR from perfect they are

They fall back on the tired clichee of every other religion " in the end we shall see who is right".

Wow, didn't see that coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit