Dont shoot me!!

by angel eyes 67 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

ok here we go...im going to put my head on the chopping board (so to speak)

I only came on here to meet new people and have chats etc...yes i am a jw and do love Jah.....But im also just an average person who im pretty sure many of you would get on with if we had the time to chat about other things too...

I think some want me to go....sad but yes true.....if you all want me to go then i'll do that..im fine with it as i just want to please people.....

I know Jb and some say they want to go to my elders,and honestly im fine with that but surely if someone is threatening then they clearly dont want me on here.....

Time to go??????? or as big brother would say "who goes...you decide"??

• shamus100
    shamus100

Why would I shoot you?

Stay.

I think you are acting a little paranoid. Relax. Just because you don't have the same views as we do, you are more than welcome. And I will probably disagree with you, but that' doesn't mean that I feel persecuted.

Come now - shake off that mentality. Welcome!

• JWoods
    JWoods

OK, AE - but that counts as ONE.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Stay AE.

All those reasons mentioned for coming here are noble reasons.
    No need to go, I do not think you have offended anyone.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Well said Shamus..... my sentimnets also.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    and do love Jah

You're welcome, here.

However, please don't insult our intelligence and tell us that you "love Jah" in the JW sense of the term.

We know the theology. It specifically forbids partaking from both the table of Jehovah and the table of demons. This forum, by JW definitions, is the "table of demons".

Again, you're welcome to be here. In a non-JW sense, it's perfectly understandable that you love "Jehovah" and you like to participate here. As long as we all follow the forum rules, it matters not what is in our heart or what our status with the WT organization is.

I don't think we've met. I'm LWT.

-LWT

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

life is just too short to worry if you are welcome or not. Stay and face the music as you may get to like it

• undercover
    undercover

Stick around...the board is for anyone who wants to discuss anything JW...as long as it's done respectfully. And that's a two way street. Everyone needs to play nice.

The problem with some JWs who come here is that they seek to try to shame ex-members to repent and return. Sometimes they come off judgemental and with a know-it-all attitude. It won't work. Most people here who have left don't want to go back and they don't like people trying to tell them what to believe, how to believe or where to go to find the 'truth'.

I haven't kept up with a lot of your posts so I don't know the circumstances around why you sense that some want you to leave. If you get into theological debates, especially if you try to defend JWs, you're going to be outnumbered and quite frankly, you'll lose most debates because too many people here have researched this religion so thoroughly that no one, including GB members, could put up a worthy defense against the charges made agaisnt the Society.

So if you want to just hang out, c'mon in and remember, discussion boards are like society in general. You get all kinds, some super nice, some short and curt, some more respectful, some more rude. And everyone has bad days sometimes.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

LOL @ angeleyes expecting people to believe that a JW came on to an apostate website only "to meet new people and have chats, etc."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• sir82
    sir82

Stick around - you're gaining an education!

Contrary to what "some" Watchtower writers or elders might tell you, there is no such thing as "too much education".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit