How do they know Jesus returned invisibly?

by foolsparadise 30 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

"The Watchtower March, 1922

The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799 .." {WT Mar 1 1922

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Because it has been written in the publications hundreds if not thousands of times in the past 100 years.

It's actually a very clever way of debating an issue ( I should have used this method in High School when I was on the debating team).

First: Publish the information that you believe.

Second: When questioned about your belief, cite your own writings as proof that your viewpoint is correct.

Now that I think about it, it really does make sense. How can you be wrong?

Rub a Dub

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The indisputable facts that Jesus chose the WT as his sole representative in 1919 are also very cool !

LOL !!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

See, when you're a False Prophet, you have to invent little things that help you convince the unsuspecting folks that you're not a liar.

So, in this case, when the Prophecy was proved false, they couldn't simply admit it. So, they simply said, "It did happen! But it happened invisibly!"

Works like a charm, every time. Sure, a few people will realize you're lying, and leave. But most folks still need something to do on Saturday mornings, and certainly don't want Jesus to slit their throat at the Big A, so they just follow along with their brains set to "Off".

Did I mention that I have $10 million in my checking account? But, "it's invisible"!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Given their mindset - the proof is simple: He returned invisibly because he did not return visibly at the "correct prophetic time".

Manifestly simple - they simplycould not have been wrong about the date...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They know Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 because they were wrong about him returning visibly, then wrong about him returning invisibly in 1874.
    They were wrong about the end of the last days arriving in 1914. They figure they can't keep being wrong.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Spirits are unseen to the human eye as they are composed of different elements. Otherwise how could a spirit resist fire and all of the elements that could cause death for a human? They are "incorruptable" as it is written in the bible.

The "signs" Jesus gave to his apostles tell when Jesus is present upon the earth. Nation will rise against nation, so on so forth. I am certain many of you if not all have studied this before.

the slave

• snowbird
    snowbird

Son of Man said:

Spirits are unseen to the human eye as they are composed of different elements.

Ah, but Jesus of Nazareth is also a glorified human!

From The Message Bible:

Revelation 1:9 -17 I, John, with you all the way in the trial and the Kingdom and the passion of patience in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of God's Word, the witness of Jesus. It was Sunday and I was in the Spirit, praying. I heard a loud voice behind me, trumpet-clear and piercing: "Write what you see into a book. Send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea." I turned and saw the voice.

I saw a gold menorah
    with seven branches,
    And in the center, the Son of Man,
    in a robe and gold breastplate,
    hair a blizzard of white,
    Eyes pouring fire-blaze,
    both feet furnace-fired bronze,
    His voice a cataract,
    right hand holding the Seven Stars,
    His mouth a sharp-biting sword,
    his face a perigee sun. I saw this and fainted dead at his feet. His right hand pulled me upright, his voice reassured me:

Could an invisible, "spirit Person" cause the Apostle John to faint dead?

Sylvia

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Oh, yes...those out of context verses put together to support WT lies...the memories..

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The "signs" Jesus gave to his apostles tell when Jesus is present upon the earth. Nation will rise against nation, so on so forth. I am certain many of you if not all have studied this before.

Oh yeah, that's right. So Russell declared that the invisible presence took place in 1874, but sometime long after 1914 came and went and the last days did not end, it was natural to say that World War started in 1914 and that cannot be a coincidence.

Also, earthquakes were supposed to have increased since then, but that was wrong. I believe Jesus was saying that this sign would cause people to say "there he is" and they were not supposed to listen to them. In other words, a false prophet would declare Jesus' presence. Who does that? Why, it's Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit