How do they know Jesus returned invisibly?

by foolsparadise 30 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

If jesus returned invisibly in 1914 how would anyone really know? He was invisible. HA!!

Did they have special glasses to see the spirit world? Nice try guys. HA!

• yknot
    yknot

Russell claimed 1874 was the invisible return based on Millerite-esque chronology.

Rutherford and his angel telecommunicating beer goggles decried 1874 in lieu of 1914 in 1930 by just mentioning such in the Golden Age but with no supporting statements beyond the announcing sentence. In 1932 Rutherford pony-upped in 'What is Truth' another sentence claiming that physical conditions within the world support this a bible prophecy........ not another word was spoken or clarification was offered until after the Judge had died did Fred Franz offer a detailed explanation in the first book produced under the Knorr administration 1943's entitled The Truth Shall Make You Free, to which is still hailed today by the Organization

.....Yes I know you were only poking fun....

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Seriously if you are gonna post using a browser like Modzilla or Firefox etc it will not allow others using Explorer to reply or read replies to your initial posting.

what???

• yknot
    yknot

Odd I couldn't access this thread before using Explorer.....

I will remove the comment.......

Sorry....Yknot .....technical dummy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it reminds me of the movie " Mystery men". The character only was invisible if u weren't looking at him. Because he could feel he was invisible

• Farkel
    Farkel

:If jesus returned invisibly in 1914 how would anyone really know? He was invisible.

The collected works of Joseph Franklin Rutherford have Biblically informed us he knew because the facts of Jesus' return are "indiisputable."

Farkel

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

2 reasons Farkel,

The most important and convincing reason is because the GB says so.

Secondary confirmation comes from the bible, of course. A logical reading of the bible in context shows us that 7 times would pass between the kigship of Zedekiah to Jesus, and this would last 2,520 years...dating from the fall of Jeru. We all know of the overwhelming evidence of this date. LOL

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Because if he isn't here, then the watchtower numerologists and their followers are a bunch of fools.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

also a great point Black Sheep, he had to! Otherwise it would mean the WT was wrong.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Mr 14:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. 21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

I stopped believing them long ago. After all they violate scripture with their doctrine. Jesus himself taught this to us since he knew that he would return visibly and there would be no need for signs and wonders as they result in such seduction. None of them take heed. That is the inevitable result of following men. Jesus called them false Christs and false prophets. And He was right.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit