September 11

by VIII 38 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Know what's freaky? Joshua's been talking about the World Trade Center. He knows the buildings fell down. But he started talking about this a few days before the anniversary of 9/11. I can't for the life of me figure out how he latched on to this.

My daughter just informed me that he's seen it on Youtube linked from videos of the Titantic (his newest interest).

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Deputy Dog, thank you.

Dogpatch, your photos were lovely.

Hemp Lover, thank you for sharing your experience. I have tears in my eyes. That was one of the most oddly beautiful accounts of 9/11 I have ever read.

I burned a candle today for all who suffered great losses that day.

In a way, I guess that means everyone.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I burned a candle today for all who suffered great losses that day.

In a way, I guess that means everyone."

Nicely put. I'll burn one, too.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had just met my present wife two days before sept 11th. I knew she worked in the towers in Century City. That was considered a target, and it may have been one if not for a pilot returning the plane to the tarmac at LAX. Several men ran off the plane. I didn't know that until years later.

I was trying to get to work and it was just crazy. People in L.A. we just driving like zombies.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog, ...Have you experienced any of the health side effects that so many of the 9/11 rescuers have?

None, that I'm aware of.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I was wondering, since that was such an evil thing to bring on such an attack, have the people who planned and executed it ever been put on trial, convicted and punished for it?

I was expecting there would be a massive capture and trials of those people and I missed all that somehow.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Watchtower Feb 15, 1975

Creepy.

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread for us to remember this day and the pain the family members suffered and continue to suffer everyday since losing 3,000 of their family members. All these people lost children, husbands, fathers, wives and mothers that day- something we should always remember and never forget.

That day I was finishing my janitorial route and went into a grocery store to get coffee and I noticed grown men and women standing in the coffee area hugging each other and crying. I hadn't turned the radio on and I asked what happened ? When told of the twin towers coming down- I was shocked like everyone ! Went home and was riveted to my radio and T.V. like everyone. That night I set a candle out on my front porch also as a vigil to keep for the victims. It was a tragedy of epic proportions which I hope is not repeated again in our country or anywhere.

To add : I think it was a tragedy that the former president Bush used this attack as an excuse to attack Iraq insinuating that THEY had something to do with this. And insinuating that the leader of Iraq had nuclear arms hidden when no such evidence proved that. Everybody knows the paper money trail led to Saudi Arabia in these terrorist attacks. 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia- go figure

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Kurtbethel, CREEPY is the right word. And in 1975, when the end came.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit