September 11

by VIII 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ninja said:

I remember seeing them talking ....saying world trade centre 7 had fallen down on BBC news......20 minutes before it did

Ninja is that true? Good lord... what?

• VIII
    VIII

Very beautiful pictures Dogpatch.

Thank you for those.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I can't watch replays of that day. It turns me into an emotional wreck. I tried watching them last year, and I got physically sick.

BTS

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I remember seeing them talking ....saying world trade centre 7 had fallen down on BBC news......20 minutes before it did

North Americans don't like thinking about this, or about thinking how WTC 7 actually fell; y'know, straight down as per a planned demolition. Apparently buildings accidentally falling that way isn't logical and if it ain't logical it can't have happened.

Oh, and if you point out that it did in fact happen, you become a nutter.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Thanks dogpatch for the pictures. New York will never look the same. I get sad when they show the skyline on tv now minus the towers. Brings back the 911 feelings for me..........wf

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

We had just come home from the Tuesday night meeting (AUST time), stayed up watching the late news, saw the 2nd plane hit and we didnt sleep at all for the next 36 hours, still get goosebumps.

The phone kept ringing through the night with all the bro & sis saying the big A was here!

Mattieu.

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

I still get emotional when I think back to that day. Every 9/11.

I don't buy the conspiracy theories. I accept that bldg 7 was brought down by controlled demolition as it's fairly obvious from the video of it. (No one can say why though. Or rather, the people who can are not telling.) The Twin Towers were not brought down by that method, however. I accept that there were anomolies, some weird sh!t happened, people said things, people assumed things, mistakes were made. Does that give us cause to then construct a vast government plot to explain them? No. It gives us cause to conclude that weird sh!t happens, and people tend to cover that sh!t up when large amounts of money are involved. But we must recognize that many things look strange and suspicious when we don't have all the facts (or when we try to draw parallels that really only exist in our heads, no matter how "coincidental")... often times they turn out to be completely mundane.

9/11/2001 was a chaotic day where the United States was attacked by Islamic terrorists, and we're not being told all of the facts. It's tempting to take the anomolies and extrapolate beyond that point, but the fact is, it's all conjecture.

Simply because one can formulate a theory that appears to fit the facts, does not make the theory true.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Ninja

thanks for pointing out the premature news of the collapse / 'demolition' of WTC building 7. The jigsaw will come together, but one thing is for sure, whoever orchestrated the 'demolition' will get away with it; I have no doubt about that.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Deputy Dog, thank you for your service. Have you experienced any of the health side effects that so many of the 9/11 rescuers have?

My daughter (who was 9 at the time) and I were on vacation in New York City that day. They were replaying news reports on the radio as I drove to work this morning and I lost it. I can't how imagine how the people whose loved ones died that day are feeling.

We had planned to take the subway to the World Trade Center early that morning and then go to the Statue of Liberty from there. I wanted my daughter to see the vast underground system beneath the WTC. I remember being fascinated when I was a kid that you could shop underground. We ended up sleeping late that morning. We were staying in a hostel at W. 30th and 8th Ave. and had the windows open. I remember hearing the first plane hit and reaching up from my bed to pull back the curtains and look at the sky because I thought it was thunder. Then the sirens started. There are always sirens in New York but this was different.

My daughter called me out of the shower a few minutes later, saying "I think you're gonna want to see this." She thought it was a movie and freaked out when I fell down crying. It's scary when you scare your kid. So I pulled my shit together and tried to explain it to her in a way that made her feel safe but aware. We spent the rest of the day searching for pay phones that would work so we could tell her dad in Texas that we were okay.

Most surreal moments over the next several days (we couldn't go home due to no air traffic): fighter jets blasting overhead and people literally falling down on the street and ducking into doorways, standing outside CBS watching the news on a huge screen while "It's a Small World" played from the FAO Schwarz speakers next door, covering my daughter's eyes and running away when they showed the jumpers, vendors in Central Park hawking pencil drawings of the WTC, hanging onto my kid for dear life in the middle of human stampedes after bomb threats were called in. This happened while at breakfast the next morning and twice at Penn Station while trying to buy bus tickets. I still feel bad about not going back to pay the check for our uneaten food. Little known fact: around 90 bomb threats were called in on the days immediately following 9/11.

On the 48 hr. Greyhound bus ride home, my daughter mutilated a Slinky and said it was an art installation called "Bad Day for Slinky." I will keep it forever.

To the people who lost their lives that day and to their families and loved ones:

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was on vacation in England at the time. I could net get a flight back to the USA until Sept 28th via Chicago O'Hare - the planes were empty - weird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit