2010 Special Assemby Day program: "The Time Left Is Reduced"

by truthseeker 74 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

This is precisele the theme of the Assembly 30 something years ago when I was a child.

This time, they'll say "brothers, have you noticed how many of our brothers and sisters are going back to school? how many are missing the meetings? how many are checking the Internet? how our numbers are dwindling? how much spiritual food we have taken away by reducing Awake and reducing meeting time? Those are clear signs that the time left is very very reduced"

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Yes, every day that passes means that one less day remains. But who knows how many days remain? No man does, no organization of men does: that is known only to the Father (Matthew 24:36).

The Christians' task is to live our days according to the Son's teachings. Those teachings are not about serving man's organization, rather they are about living a life of Chrisitian love as taught by the Son and inspired by the Holy Spirit. It does not matter if an organization is prophetic and has "truth", if it does not foster Christian love it is not doing God's will. "Though I command languages human and angelic--if I speak without love, I am no more than a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. And though I have the power of prophecy, to penetrate all mysteries and knowledge, and though I have all the faith necessary to move mountains--if I am without love, it will do me no good whatever." (1 Corinthians 13:1-2, New Jerusalem translation).

Because the Watchtower is more concerned with counting the days until Armageddon than with teaching love for all mankind, especially your enemies (Matthew 5: 43-48) I cannot accept their message as genuine Christian teachings. Live the Christian life because it's what the Son taught us to do, and what the Holy Spirit tells our hearts is the right thing to do--not because you fear anihilation on the last day.

• Opus92
    Opus92

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

I feel myself getting sleepy just looking at the program. I'm so glad I don't have to go to those things anymore!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Finally a chance at a computer.....she came home pretty tired and took a nap, but when we were out an about a bit later she started to talk about how wonderful the assembly was and that we are even closer to the end......well I said there is absolutely no doubt that we are closer to the end each and every day.......well then she said that she has a duty, we all have a duty to preach about the perfect kingdom that Jehovah will bring, and then how wonderful it will be to live in harmony with animals, to be friends with lions (you just can not make this stuff up) and how we all need to get straight with Jehovah.......I just listened and asked a few questions, nothing much, I guess the worst when I asked her if she knew that the WTS has been saying the end is right around the corner since they were started, and how they have missed many dates....she said that we all make mistakes.......

It gets me ill when she comes back from these stupid things, how long will this enthusiasm last?

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I really regret saying this isot, but it can last for as long as the dub continues to attend the other meetings after the assembly. It just reinforces the feeling & the message. My favorite thing after an assembly was to miss the next meeting. It lessened the hold they had on me just a little so I could continue to survive. I did this a lot as I remember in my final years. Then, I stopped going to assemblies all together, the last few years. The last one day I attended I was over two hours late. The friend I rode with was late to pick me up, then there were some heavy rains on the way down that caused the drive to be even longer. That drive to Richmond got longer every time I went. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with the good example of a family of five that only worked with themselves in field circus. Sitting in the back watching the show, I ceased believing it was the only way to live my life. So glad I am out now. Hope you have better success with your wife. She sounds like she is still in the honeymoon phase with the wt. Does she go in field service yet?

Kit

PS. You have a PM, you are right they are stupid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit