2010 Special Assemby Day program: "The Time Left Is Reduced"

by truthseeker 74 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

omg, I thought this thread was going to be a joke!!! That's actually the title of it???

• sacolton
    sacolton

2014: Why Are We Still Here? It's Your Fault!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> The time left always seems to be reduced but it never runs out.

I think they are stuck in the The Dichotomy Paradox.

"That which is in locomotion must arrive at the half-way stage before it arrives at the goal." —Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b10

Suppose Homer (no, not Simpson) wants to catch a stationary bus. Before he can get there, he must get halfway there. Before he can get halfway there, he must get a quarter of the way there. Before traveling a fourth, he must travel one-eighth; before an eighth, one-sixteenth; and so on. He will never reach the bus.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a suppose they will dig another " Putting Faith in a Victorious Organization " out some time

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The Dichotomy Paradox.

Also known as Xeno's Paradox.

Thanks to Spike Lee's great uncle for explaining that to me 42 years ago.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Same old WBT$..

• Heaven
    Heaven

Glad I'll be missingavoiding not going to it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can't wait to hear that programme

• dissed
    dissed

Quotes you will probably hear at the ASSembly:

"As the sands of an hour glass, so are the last days of our system"

"Brothers! We are sooooooo close, you can almost smell the decaying bodies of Harmeggeddon" (the audience is heard sniffing the air in anticipation)

"I've been around a long time and I'm telling you all, its really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, close." (all burst out in loud approving applause)

"Have you noticed that there are more birds hanging around? Its an obvious sign that they are getting ready for "Jehovah's great feast" "

"And the baptismal count is.........zero! Another sign from JG that the end is very, very, near."

"And the Baptismal count is..........50!! Another sign from JG that the end is very, very, near."

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not going to that damn fear mongering circuit ASSembly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit