2010 Special Assemby Day program: "The Time Left Is Reduced"

by truthseeker 74 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

reading that reminded me of all the mindless assemblies I subjected myself to. Those talks are just regurgitated talks from way back. Nothing new, nothing to see

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

same regurgitated vomit served up as wholesome spiritual food.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife is talking about a one day assembly next month, would this be the one?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Quote:

We see no reason in changing the figures - nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble.
    The Watchtower July 15, 1894 p. 226

Quote:

…the full end of the times of the Gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men.
    The Time Is At Hand 1889 p. 76-77.

LUKE 21:8
    He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

1 Corinthians was written when??? Two thousand years ago? Reduced it says? Wow, could have fooled me!

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

when i was new the asseblies seemed ok.but as time went on i used to lament having to waste a weekend sitting in seats all dressed up and trying to stay awake.i also had to battle not looking at the pretty sisters with lust as they paraded around with their tight dresses on.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

2024: "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

Special presentation of new Watchtower property where resurrected patriarchs will live, Beth Snookum.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I'm sure my wife will be attending and will somehow be inspired. Concerning the Mayan calendar and 2012, I bet if Charles T Russell were alive today, he would probably seriously consider it as a predicter for the end of days. Just as he did the pyramid of Giza to predict 1914.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll probably 'have' diarrhea (of the explosive variety) to get out of at least one of the days."

At my last district assembly, I left and went to my car and went into a bar and watched sports. When I returned I told them I had diarrhea.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Do they not get embarrassed about the whole time thing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit