Ever had some Witness storm out or turn off a Movie you were watching! Which one?

by Witness 007 102 Replies latest jw experiences

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I didnt watch the Davinci COde till I left.. .Now Ive watched it obviously this is the reason I dont go back it has brainwashed me, along with me getting a higher education like I wasnt supposed to. - clearly that took me away from the truth.. we should have just done as we were told.... hmmmm

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I saw several people stomp out of a movie in self righteous indignation.

The irony is that every single one of them ended up OUT of da troof, and shacked up with somebody.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Keyser - i dont see why "crap" is a very bad word! That guy was a complete idiot. Everybody knows that the modern flush toilet was invented by Thomas Crapper.

The bowl had "Thos. Crapper & Co" inside it . Thats where the term going for a crap comes from.

Why are so many righteous people allergic to colloquial terms for bodily functions?

Presumably

"urinate yourself off" and "holy dung" are preferable expressions for "Christians."

HB

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

There is a jw family that will walk out of your house if you are playing Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty because they consider these movies as spiritistic.

• undercover
    undercover

I remember families that only allowed their kids to watch Disney movies, then some goody two shoes pointed out that many Disney movies were spiritistic. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia are the ones that come to mind.

Then others were supposed to be racist. Song of the South and the Jungle Book were ones I remember some friends getting all bent out of shape about.

I guess Bambi and Dumbo were okay. Cruelty to animals isn't covered in the WT employee's handbook.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i agree with the poster that mentioned the bible story book.

I have banned it from my home, the violence in that book is more than a rated "r" movie.

my wife and I watch these regularly (she is jw also). but my children? why would I want them fearing these gruesome deaths told in these stories?

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

My ex-wife who was a Witness all her life was a freek about such things, we would go to a movie and if some women flashed on the screen with her boobs a flopping she would try to place both hands on my head and force my head down on to my lap, I remeber I knocked her hands off my head and yelled "Bitch Please"!!!! I told her latter if she ever done that again I dump her like the freek she is. I didn't care if she seen some naked dude on the big screen. Ah she was just a Beeeoch annyway.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

Yes, Terms of Endearment in a theatre

• ninja
    ninja

I remember a sister....(susan mccormack from kelvin) telling us that a former CO called david carter wouldn't watch the lion king dvd she had put on

saying it was too violent......ha flucking ha

this was the same 60 something year old david carter whose wife had died recently and before her body was cold had married a young sister called

june ann lowe

yep it's alright to pump the nubiles....while your wife who had toiled by your side on the circuit for decades was sidelined from being with you in the

new system when she was resurrected.....

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

There was an elder at our hall that wouldn't allow his young daughter to watch "Aladdin" or "Beauty and the Beast". due to the spiritistic content! And when he came over my parents house and "Aladdin" was in the VCR, he commented on it saying I shouldn't let my son watch it, his daughter NEVER watched stuff like that. I said it was a kids cartoon movie. WTF!!! Crazy religion. I felt so sorry for his daughter. She turned into an adult with a tortured soul.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit