New to Halloween...What do YOU do?

by Bourne 64 Replies latest jw friends

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I absolutely love Halloween, or as we call it, Samhain. Samhain is a holiday pagans have for honoring ancestors, family and friends that have passed over.

Ages past folks would leave gifts of food on their doorsteps for the wandering ghosts, and leave candles burning in their window to help guide them home, that practice gradually morphed into the holiday that we now know as Halloween.

Ada

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I grew up "in the world" so I did this every year. Later on I loved the adult halloween parties

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

halloween never used to be a major thing in SA - however it's catching on now. I've already dreamed up my costume. I'm going as a nurse, but with medusa hair - oh yeah.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

i like to put on a Hockey mask a big green jacket and kill teenagers who have pre-marital sex......Watchtower really messed with my mind.

• Bourne
  • JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I WILL DRESS LIKE PASTOR RUSSEL AND PRETEND THAT I DIED IN A TRAIN....

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I was thinking about putting on a cheap suit, getting a blocky Republican haircut and carrying a book bag, scaring people to hide out and not answer the door.

Elvira

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    bluecanary, are you going to dress up this year?

Yeah, I've got a gypsy costume for a Ren Fest I never made it to. Last year I was a butterfly/fairy type thing:

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Nice to see you Bourne, not heard from you in a while.

• Bourne
    Bourne

Thanx Mickey.

Life is busy (in a good way), but I try to keep up with the goings-ons here. Hope things are going good with you and yours.

Bourne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit