Please nominate your favourite film and say why you rate it so highly.

by lifelong humanist 92 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Titanic

The Sting

Butch Cassidy and The Sun Dance Kid

China Town

and so many more

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hemp Lover,

You mean you didn't like "Up in Smoke?"

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:Shawshank, Tombstone, The Big Sleep, Sorry Wrong Number, Good Fellas, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Pulp Fiction, And Then There Were None, Ferris Buellers Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Swept Away (Original), Jean De Florette, The Ghost and Mrs Muir,

You forget Farenfright 911, Slicko, Communism: a Love Story and Babbling for Columbine.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:Legally Blonde? Cute movie with a horrible message.

Thank God the thought police is out protecting us from ourselves. The movie is entertainment and entertainment has only one purpose: to entertain, you big dummy. I'm glad you're not running a censor bureau that you would probably support if it existed, but you have the cajones for the job.

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sweetheart, if you are trying to impress me, you're going to have to take another direction.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

FHN....

What the heck kind of dance is that in first clip?

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I forgot to add Apollo 13 to my list

Hopscotch (who will probably remember others as the day/night goes on)

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:Sweetheart, if you are trying to impress me, you're going to have to take another direction.

That would be to lie and I cannot do that.

Farkel

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A Simple Twist of Fate, written, directed and acted by Steve Martin. A very cleverly written, uplifting drama, not a comedy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    What the heck kind of dance is that in first clip?

How old are you? See the movie. It will make sense. It's a glimpse into history.

I think the messages in Legally Blonde were good ones. Here is this girl who has been raised to be a fluffy airhead, getting by on her looks. Who is forced to realize that she is very intelligent and very capable. The boyfriend is a letch. The new girlfriend figures it out and gains respect for the main character. The movie addresses sexual harassment, Victor Morgan's character. It also addresses developing self esteem and learning to be assertive: the beautician character. I thought I'd never see the movie because I thought it would be silly fluff. It came on TV one day. I rarely watch TV, but decided to just escape into some silly movie. I laughed a lot and I realized the movie actually had a deeper meaning. How devious of the film makers to slip some morals into a froo froo
    chick" movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit