How is Joe Publisher reacting to all the TV coverage on the abuse cases?

by 4thgen 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Hello All! Please pardon if this a repeated topic. I have had virtually no contact with any Witnesses beside my mother for the past few years. She watches TV constantly and claims she has never seen anything on the Watchtower abuse cases.

n your view, how is the average publisher reacting to all the media coverage of Candice Conti? Is the coverage making any headway or are they just sticking their collective heads in the sand? Or are they like my mom, and just happen to miss seeing it? What's your experience?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I would guess that 95% of them are completely unaware.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I'm with Joe with the All Seeing Eye, at present, 95% or so are unaware.

I think this is about to change, at least here in the U.K. There has been quite a bit of Media coverage here in just the last week or two, some of it quite explosive.

Like the guy from the Association of Churches group that deals with abuse, I forget the proper name for them, or for him, but he made the point that Mandatory Reporting by Churches was necessary because of the Jehovah's Witnesses and their appalling record of not reporting. He did not name another group. Very telling.

There are a huge number of Abuse cases waiting in the wings to see how one or two on at the moment pan out.

JW's will soon know.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would guess that 95% of them are completely unaware.

I would agree. Most don't really watch any news (it's all bad, you know) and other than the PBS and Nightline spots, it hasn't been in any mainstream press in our area.

Doc

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Wasn't the Nightline or PBS special on Candace Conti's case aired after midnight in the US? No wonder they dont' know about it.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    It hasn't been highlighted in my region at all (Asia). Not even the slightest bit of media coverage. What a shame!!!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I live near Fremont CA,(10 minute drive and approached a couple of JW.org cart people and told them about it they seemed clueless and soon after refused to talk anymore to me about the subject as it was too painful for them to comprehend. I told them before leaving that any money the WT gets from them is going to help them pay off all these big buck lawsuits they got on their plate. They really didn't like that at all.
  • millie210
    millie210
    No one here has any awareness at all.
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    Guess only if it went to the U.S. Supreme Court would they get a clue . . . .I guess.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Most are clueless. But some have noticed.

My mom sent me a text with a story about conti attached so she knows a little bit.

Out in service one day a sister mentioned the pbs story. I enjoyed the conversation. CD at its best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit