How is Joe Publisher reacting to all the TV coverage on the abuse cases?

by 4thgen 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The overwhelming majority of JWS know nothing about the pedophile law suits such the Candace Conti case or the other California cases which the WTS paid a huge amount to place a gag order on .

Its too bad the Night Line program that recently did the Candace Conti case airs at such an off hour of the day as very late in the evening. If something was to air on a time like 60 minutes Sunday evening program, there would be more of a chance for JWS to see whats going on.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Most would say, "Candace who?"
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Maybe it's not reaching as many JW's as we would like but it is reaching the news and the newspapers and as a result many will think twice about opening up their doors to witnesses.

It also helps those who may be on the fence about reaching out to authorities or a lawyer more of a push knowing they will be listened to.

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread. Thanks for starting it. It's good to know and be informed how JW's are responding to this. Especially if like me- you still have JW relatives still in the cult. As some probably read about my thread in talking to JW cart people in my area- the elder was so pissed off at me giving them the news releases about WT child abuse- he grabbed the releases from his wife's hands before she could even hand them back to me- and he threw them into the trash in front of me.

I believe this WT child abuse thing is REALLY getting to these JW's, getting under their skin. I think it's important for many of us ex-JW's to keep our foot on the accelerator and keep giving access to information to these people because let's face it- they ain't gonna hear about this at meetings in the kingdom hall. We need to keep putting some REAL into their reality. Just my 2 cents. I admire what you are doing with your efforts Brokeback Watchtower. And everybody else here- keep the great work up ! Let's do this ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Flipper,

I agree the reactions we get from the JWs show they are deeply troubled by the news with regards molestation lawsuit pay outs and what not. The fact that he threw it in the trash in front of you means he can not hide how feels about such accusations and looses his cool.

Of course when a person is in denial about something they react with rage when confronted with the truth, and so we should expect these type of reactions.

He may be a future apostate time will tell but the news is getting out, good job BTW.

• SoJo16
    SoJo16
    Candace should go on Dr. Phil. That they wouldn't miss.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

That says it all, SoJo.... LOTS of witnesses watch Dr. Phil!

LOL!!!

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    We get Dr Phil in Australia too, so that would be great.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Showed my wife. She didn't seem phased as expected.

1. She wanted to believe the case was old and things have been improved. (Wrong)
    2. Sometimes it takes things like this to help update policies. (Not happening)
    3. Blamed victum for "smelling money" now all sorts will come forward (I said so are they lying? She said no)
    4. Because we were in a hall where the congregation was kind of warned (wink wink local needs) that a new creepy type that moved in was a pedophile, that the system works.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    My JW sister has refused to have an aerial-connected TV in the house for years. She used to have one only for watching vids and I am almost certain she doesn't have a computer. So, head in the sand, feet waving in the air.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit