How is Joe Publisher reacting to all the TV coverage on the abuse cases?

by 4thgen 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

In the Spanish congs and the JWs I hang out with are absolute ignorant of all abuse cases, the UN scandal, and every other vitriolic stuff against the Org. The Spanish brotherhood is sooooooooooo different!!!

SL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I saw a comment in another thread that basically said: "the majority won't have a clue, because when they go home, they don't bother with the news; they just watch Reality TV" (I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

x

Can't say that I blame 'em; Reality TV is about the only thing left that doesn't refute WT ideology to one degree or another.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is why we should all be twittering and instagraming ex-JW celebrities. THEY will bring attention to the issue. Imagine just one person on a major talk show mentioning child sexual abuse in the WTBTS.

DD

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    This is why we should all be twittering and instagraming ex-JW celebrities. THEY will bring attention to the issue. Imagine just one person on a major talk show mentioning child sexual abuse in the WTBTS.

Good luck on finding that one celebrity that will speak out, DD.

Whenever I have heard exJW celebrities speak about their past religion, they are usually apologetic.

I am thinking of Sherry, who used to be on "The View". She would say nothing bad about the JWs,and was always defending them.

Celebrities have their own image to protect and the ones who have left the religion seem to still suffer from the 'protect the organization' effect.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

In the Spanish side, completely oblivious. The few that know about it, consider it as just one more persecution campaign from Satan and his followers. Complete denial.

There are no more blind than those who refuse to see.

SL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - the ones who have left the religion seem to still suffer from the 'protect the organization' effect."

Oh, I don't know...

...I think if enough people say "please help", it'll trigger something.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why not try? If we don't, we have no one to blame but ourselves. Also, the governing body go to bed every night, hoping that we won't even try. They prefer silent victims.

DD

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It is easy to forward both news story links with a Facebook PM. I have forwarded the links to a number of ex and Current JWs with a "Did you see this!"

I was shocked that some said "how dare she drag Jehovah's name through the mud." The EX /Fading/Disfellowshipped JWs were very receptive. FOUR replied they had been molested as children and it had been covered over for over 20 years! Two disfellowshiped JWs were angry that they were booted for smoking/drinking/apostacy while pedophiles remained in good standing. FB is an EXCELLENT way of contacting current and EX JWs with your FB profile or a fake one.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The few that know about it, consider it as just one more persecution campaign from Satan and his followers. Complete denial.

I heard this too. Interestingly, why was the Catholic religion exposed for child abuse in the same way? If the Catholic religion is controlled by Satan and the media is also controlled by Satan, why is one trying to bring down the other?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit