Words JW's use NOT found in the Bible

by homeschool 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• glenster
    glenster

"Macedonian" isn't used by JWs, but it's the 4th cent. word for something like
    the basic JWs leaders' view of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonians_%28religious_group%29

"And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved." (Acts 2:21)
    "red and white blood cells, platelets, and plasma"
    "1914"

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Angel Eyes,

John 14 v 1 shows Jesus and Jehovah are not 1.

I guess Jesus is lying or misleading us then?

John 10:30 (New International Version)

30 I and the Father are one."

Acts 2 v 4 and 17 clearly show the Holy spirit isnt a person,its Gods active force.

How so?

Acts 2:4 (New International Version)

4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Acts 2:17 (New International Version)

17 " 'In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.

Maybe the Greek will help?

the Spirit

4151. pneuma

wind, spirit

Original Word: πνε?μα Transliteration: pneuma Phonetic Spelling: (pnyoo'-mah) Short Definition: spirit

No "active" or "force" there?

Maybe the Hebrew?

Genesis 1:2 (New International Version)

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And the Spirit

7307. ruach

breath, wind, spirit

Original Word: ?????? Transliteration: ruach Phonetic Spelling: (roo'-akh) Short Definition: air

Same deal, but still no "active" or "force". Now, with regards to the Spirit being a person, not an impersonal force there are numerous verses. Try this one for example Acts 5:3 Can a person lie to an impersonal force, say like electricity? Electricity doesn't care, neither does the wind or a dove. Now the Holy Spirit is like the wind or a dove but He does care if you lie to Him, or blaspheme Him. In fact He even likes jokes but that is another story :)

John 14 v 28 is total proof,otherwise Jesus would clearly be insane saying such things

John 14:28 (New International Version)

28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

You take this verse in isolation to the WT conclusion, without understand what is written elsewhere, say here for example

Philippians 2:5-11 (New International Version)

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Yes Jesus is in very nature God (not "a god") but "made Himself" nothing.

If you cross referenced verse 10 with the OT would see clearly that Jesus and the Father are one.

Isaiah 45:22-23 (New International Version)

22 "Turn to me and be saved,
    all you ends of the earth;
    for I am God, and there is no other.

23 By myself I have sworn,
    my mouth has uttered in all integrity
    a word that will not be revoked:
    Before me every knee will bow;

by me every tongue will swear.

Yes one God only (not God and "a god"), Jesus and the Father are one and every knee will bow to Jesus.

too many scriptures to prove it...but just a few for you to recall,I guess its hard when your reading false claims to remember the truth

That's enough "proof" for me in this one post. I am happy to meet the Father with Jesus as my mediator. I pray you choose Him over the WT as your mediator before that time.

All the best,

Stephen

• homeschool
    homeschool

with regards reading false claims,I mean many topics on here are false,or should i say misconstrude. Hmmmmm, MY topic was on which words are not in the Bible.

Ya know, a good way to argue without arguing is by stating your obvervation of what others are trying to tell you. For instance, you could say, "I understand that you believe why the Trinity is the truth...because reason 1, reason 2, reason 3, and soforth. I always believed it to be like this (insert your opinion here)."

Maybe you could start your own thread on which topics you view as miscontrued/false. I knew this would probably turn into a 'is the trinity true or false'...and that's cool. My main goal was to educate myself on which words jw's use that are not in the Bible, although one of their arguments for not believing in the Trinity is that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible.

And Angel, I do not hate most Jehovah's Witnesses. AT ALL. I believe the jw headquarters have "misconstrued" a LOT of their information they've delivered to their followers, causing a lot of needless heartache. Since you feel okay contributing to an 'apostate' website, would you also feel okay reading a book by a gentleman who was NEVER a jw? It's called Combatting Cult Mind Control. By Steven Hassan. I know you may wonder why the heck I've just asked you to read a book that has nothing to do with your religion, but the similarities this author states is astounding. And then maybe when you're done, you can start a thread on how your religion is different from the one in the book. That'll get LOTS of attention!

So, what OTHER words do jw's use that are not found in the Bible??! You guys are giving some great examples! I don't know when I'll actually get to discuss this with a real life jw, but I'm putting it in the back of the ol' 'noggin for future topics

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Theocracy

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

bttt for angeleyes

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered where the WTS got "overcomers" and "present truth" in their publications. I found that they are terms from previous bible translations that they used before the NWT started being developed in 1950 and was completed in 1960. The WTS has replaced it in the NWT with "conquerors" yet continues to use the word in its publications.

*** w90 12/15 p. 19 par. 19 Encourage One Another As the Day Draws Near ***A great help in this regard is the ransom provision that Jehovah made possible by means of Jesus Christ. We can be overcomers by relying firmly on the ran

w50 9/1 p. 282 par. 2 Living According to Superior Knowledge

We do not know what heaven is to be like for the 144,000 Christian overcomers of this world, but we could write a book and paint a vivid picture of the paradise that is to be renewed on earth and we could set this hope before people of good will now seeking life in it. But powerful as this hope might be as a stimulant, it is not all that is necessary to keep a person faithful.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Clergy privilege (they demand it in court.

Oh and

Pedophile protection fund.

HB

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

blondie: "present truth" is a great one. Wherever they got it from, they sure have run with it.......

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Reniaa has left TS,you wont get a reply from her :)

• blondie
    blondie

NWT

2Peter1:12) For this reason I shall be disposed always to remind YOU of these things, although YOU know [them] and are firmly set in the truth that is present [in YOU].

1. 2 Peter 1:12
      Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.
      2 Peter 1:11-13 (in Context) 2 Peter 1 (Whole Chapter)
    Result pages: 1

King James Version

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit