Words JW's use NOT found in the Bible

by homeschool 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

The JWs I have spoken to are quite happy to use the words omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient to describe God (ever present, all power full, all knowing) as indeed I am.

Of course, none of the words are in any bible.

it is only when it does not fit their doctrine that they start to complain about it "not being in the bible", take the Trinity for example.

All the best,

Stephen

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Imperfect

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

theocratic warfare

I didn't read this thread, so maybe that was covered....

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

thanks for that graph homeschool !!just goes to show how totally comfortable they are misqouting and sqewing things to fit their purposes its suprising there not sued more for this

• Farkel
    Farkel

happified

"Jehovah was happified when he wiped out the human race-8 in the flood and it will be such a happifying day when Jehovah wipes out the planet again at Armageddon." - 1st Watchtower 7:3

Farkel

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I'm happified every time I look at your face, Farkel. Happified is a good word.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just want to say I don't think behooves is in the bible, but I can't think of anything that was told from the platform that we weren't behooooooooved to do.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I just had the most stupid but interesting thoughts- the word "bible" is not in the scriptures either! There is no reference to there being a "cannon" or "set" of scriptures that were to be "clumped together" in one "book/scroll" and to used in the fashion that is today- didnt Timothy say that ALL scripture is benifical?... The list of 'scrptures' that are cannonised today and in the bible, was debated about and voted on by the original members of the cult know today as Christianity.

Jesus was a reasonably well educated Rabi and it is obvious that he had acess to the records kept at that time in Jerusalem- records of the royal blood lines of past kings would no doubt have been there also- next in line to throne was Jesus, he was to be the next great King like his fathers before him (David, Solomon etc...)- he preached love for god and love for thy neigbour, he frowned on people getting rich off the faith of others, he stood up for the rights of the poor and the weak- now is it any wonder why the romans had him silenced and then later destroyed the temple? but thats a whole different thread..... my point is- if Jesus were alive today, I would imagine that he would want to kick the asses of the 9 GB members and burn Bethel to the ground!!!! after he'd finished with Rome of course!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......Demonized.......

I have`nt seen one Yet!!

JW`s know a lot about Demons..

I wonder if there is a reason for that??.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Great! Lillith, I recently saw that as well that "Bible" is not even mentioned in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit