"Pioneer Syndrome" - Pioneers from the 1990's are getting very sick in 2009! Theories?

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

A reg pio and i shared a place, once. He used to listen to rock and roll to get him psyched up to go out. Hehe. I was really heavy into depression, at the time, not even pioneering. Depression like that is only a memory, now, thank zeus.

S

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

I remember when I came into the LIE in the late 70's the big illness was Hypoglycemia. I couldn't figure out why so many people (sisters mainly) had it. They were always in the bathroom munching on some crazy snack they had stuffed in there purse.

WhereWasI

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

----What has the AWAKE had to say in the past few years? My ex-wife is/was a pioneer and she, along with 20% of the sisters in the cong self diagnosed themselves with chronic fatigue, lupos, and fibromialgia (spelling?) after it was mentioned in the awake mag around the mid 90's.---

Out At Last! - Welcome to the forum. You make an interesting point. Watchtower articles are contagious. I have known countless JWs with Chronic Fatigue but never met a nonJW with it. Before CF everyone second JW seemed to think they had Candida. A few years ago almost all the pioneer sisters caught glandular fever.

My theory is the false, failed expectation of a never arriving new system (along with the resultant cognitive dissonance) puts JWs into a form of stress and depression. Rather than admint their lethargy and sorrow being due to the religion, they look for the latest fad illness as the justification.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

So much for "Bookbag" therapy. Remember that little phrase? BS. W.Once

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

If they love it so much - why limit themselves to the minimum hour requirement? Why not do 40 hours a week like normal working people?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Depression manifests itself with these physical symptoms very often (exhaustion, diet problems... ) I pioneered, and it happened to me. God was going to solve all my problems, and he kept not doing so. Every few years it was worse, not better.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

----What has the AWAKE had to say in the past few years? My ex-wife is/was a pioneer and she, along with 20% of the sisters in the cong self diagnosed themselves with chronic fatigue, lupos, and fibromialgia (spelling?) after it was mentioned in the awake mag around the mid 90's.---

Out At Last! - Welcome to the forum. You make an interesting point. Watchtower articles are contagious. I have known countless JWs with Chronic Fatigue but never met a nonJW with it. Before CF everyone second JW seemed to think they had Candida. A few years ago almost all the pioneer sisters caught glandular fever.

My theory is the false, failed expectation of a never arriving new system (along with the resultant cognitive dissonance) puts JWs into a form of stress and depression. Rather than admint their lethargy and sorrow being due to the religion, they look for the latest fad illness as the justification.

... That's my mum, all the way to her crazy fake doctor, with all of the sisters she has convinced to do the same!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Why would i count time on here? I count the studies i have.,all the ministry too :) yay love it.

Jah blesses our efforts and one of my studies has been attending meetings for about a month approx now...yippeeeeeee I do get excited.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Jah's really blessing you to have the potential to destroy peoples lives AE's, and lets just hope your study does not have kids that could need blood in a medical emergency, you could be an accessory to murder, that's a nice thought isn't it?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I totally enjoy my life saving work,I wont be turnt around and my love and loyalty to Jehovah will never change,my spiritual suit of armour is FIRMLY in place. I appreciate some of us have different views,i'll not find fault with you,afterall its your choice.We have choices to make in life and my best one was getting baptised. I'll always be pleasent to all of you on here,as its not in my nature to be aggressive or nasty.

Well thats where i rest my case.....speak soon . (chelsea rock)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit