"Pioneer Syndrome" - Pioneers from the 1990's are getting very sick in 2009! Theories?

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Most of the pioneers I knew, viewed Jehovah as their "boss" and apparently their boss ruled with an iron fist and an eye on the clock.

When I was pioneering, my son was 3. One day, someone did a return visit across the street from a playground, so while she went to the call I took him over and let him swing and slide for a bit. When i got back to the car, they were already back from the call and were all huffy 'cus I had "wasted" 10 minutes of service time. I didn't pioneer long after that.

How can you be happy and not tired all the time with a "boss" like that?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Look at the thread from last week "The toll on Women"

A lot of these health problems have obvious causes if you know where to look...

HB

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You're right, of course, OTWO. The biggest thing that ate at me during my 4 years pioneering was the staggering futility of the work.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Last week my JW gf said she saw one of our mutual friends, (actually not my firend anymore), at a funeral. She said she is working full time and pioneering and looked like s**t. I said, "Does anyone still pioneer????" (hehehehe)

Anyway, sadly, this gal has a very good and demanding job at an aerospace company. How in the world she can pioneer, I will never know. Her choice I know, but something will suffer, and I'm sure her health will. She always had to be smarter and do more than anyone else...I'm afraid she may beat us all to the grave.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

You will not find a group of people who suffer from Hypochondria and Neurosis more then the Dubs.

• willyloman
    willyloman

To add to the excellent comments to the effect that this fatigue is self-induced, my comments on this quote:

"How in the world she can pioneer, I will never know."

1. Part of the problem is that pioneers are masters at cognitive dissonance, including the ability to "pioneer" and at the same time invent creative (meaning bogus) ways to get their time in. Sooner or later, this deception causes emotional problems.

2. Either that, or it's that scripture which I will attempt to paraphrase: "Expectations postponed make the heart sick."

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Im doing pio hours and shall be putting in my form...i reg pio before nd it was brilliant,im not poorly due to it...and my back isnt due to that either,its something completely diff :) So some of us are still ok ask me in 10years time though lol but i wouldnt swap it for the world...love it.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I had a young JW in his early 20s tell me he just wanted to puke before going out in the field. I wonder how he's doing? That was about 7 years ago, so he's pushing 30.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Theories? That's easy.

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
    But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

I used to say "time to take the magazines for a walk".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1. Part of the problem is that pioneers are masters at cognitive dissonance, including the ability to "pioneer" and at the same time invent creative (meaning bogus) ways to get their time in. Sooner or later, this deception causes emotional problems.

That's profound, Willyloman.

I'm doing pio hours and shall be putting in my form...

Angel Eyes, you should not be counting time here on this forum. Oh, and you said that you told the elders that you come on this website.
    Either you are full of BS, they won't approve your pioneer form, or both. My vote is for the first one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit