How will anyone know when the "Great Tribulation" begins?

by foolsparadise 37 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Will there be an announcment on the world news saying " A great tribulation has begun in the world" or will the GB send a letter to all the KH's to scare the piss out of everybody saying "We the GB being gods chosen channel of communication have decided that the world's situation seems dire and are pleased to tell you that the great tribulation has started!"

I mean seriously. Obviously the world has been in a great tribulation since the time of jesus. Great tribulation does not mean some event that has to happen all at once all of a sudden. Great tribulation can mean the plights of different people, someone may have cancer, aids, loved ones dying, terrorism, earthquakes killing thousands, tsunami killing hundreds of thousands.........i would say that the people who survive loved ones dying have been through a great tribulation. And if the same thing is happening to families throughout the world it is indeed great.

The GB will announce sometime in our lifetime that the great ribulation has started and the world will continue on as it has for over 6000 years.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

The WTS doesn't usually apply prophesy until long after the fact. If the great tribulation did happen, they wouldn't know it until years later.

• journey-on
    journey-on

When you see a marked increase in the buzzard/vulture bird population. (I remember this one from a long time ago.)

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise
    When you see a marked increase in the buzzard/vulture bird population.

HAHA. Are you serious? Who counts to make sure there are more birds flying around?

• villabolo
    villabolo

First the UN (minus its NGO the WBTS) gives out a cry of peace and security. Then it starts to persecute Babylon the Great hooker (Again minus the witnesses) then finally they turn their attention to the Witnesses. Then Jehovah starts raining molten blobs on everyone who is not JW as well as gigantic hailstones. The earth cracks open letting in little girls and their puppy dogs into Hades. Then, oh never mind, we're dead by then.

villabolo

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Are you serious?
    I kid you not. As a kid, I remember this very thing being mentioned and one of the brothers or sisters bringing up the fact that some report showed an increase in the bird population. Of course, they connected that to the scripture saying the birds would feast of the dead bodies of those destroyed at the big A. There was probably a mention in the Awake or WT about it somewhere.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Journey-on the UK buzzard population is at an all time high - Arggggghhhhhh

• parakeet
    parakeet

foolsparadise: HAHA. Are you serious? Who counts to make sure there are more birds flying around?

journey-on: I kid you not. As a kid, I remember this very thing being mentioned and one of the brothers or sisters bringing up the fact that some report showed an increase in the bird population. Of course, they connected that to the scripture saying the birds would feast of the dead bodies of those destroyed at the big A.

In North America, an annual count of raptors and vultures is done at Hawk Mountain, PA.

Hawk Mountain is located on the last Appalachian ridge before the land begins to flatten toward the coastal plain. Migrating birds linger in the updrafts here before starting the final push of their southern migration.

Park officials and birders gather every fall to count the hawks and vultures to check on their population numbers. And yes, there have been great increases in their populations -- but it has more to do with conservation efforts than fulfillment of a bogus Bible prophecy.

The WTS's favorite ploy to get around the fact that the Great Tribulation (and other "prophecies") has not started is that it has started, invisibly.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My fade has started "invisibly"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Governing Body would only say the Great Tribulation has begun if they were closing up shop and needed to distract the handful of remaining members. While they were saying for the members to hunker down and ride it out, they would be hopping on a jet for wherever they transferred the money to, some tropical island nation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit