How will anyone know when the "Great Tribulation" begins?

by foolsparadise 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Noone will never know, becouse it will never arrive. Armageddon was not invented so it should arrive, but for us to be able to wait for it...

So keep waiting and stop asking silly questions!

Albert

• Chalam
    Chalam

Daniel 9:27 (New International Version)

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. "

Daniel 11:31 (New International Version)

31 "His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

Daniel 12:11 (New International Version)

11 "From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

Matthew 24:14-16 (New International Version)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,'spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Mark 13:13-15 (New International Version)

13 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14 "When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation 'standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let no one on the roof of his house go down or enter the house to take anything out.

OK some points to note for those who seriously want to know about these things.

1. The daily sacrifice needs to resume in Jerusalem. For this, they need the temple, which need to be rebuilt after it was destroyed in the first century. The nation of Israel was formed in 1947 after almost 2000 years of the Jews having no homeland. The Jews are getting close to rebuilding the Third Temple

2. The antichrist needs to be in (global) power and his armed forces will then desecrate the temple.

3. The time between points 1. and 2. is clearly prophesied, 1290 days.

4. The gospel will be preached to the whole world (every "tribe" and "tongue"). This has nothing to do with the JWs and their "other gospel" Galatians 1

5. All men will hate Christians. Granted they are looked down upon by many in the west, and persecuted in parts of the east but this has yet to happen.

For all those who want to know what is the "abomination that causes desolation" that is set up in the temple, it is the image of the antichrist that all those who take his mark will have to worship Revelation 13:14-15

The last verse is now a real possibility through cloning.

All the best,

Stephen

• life is to short
    life is to short

What Psychotic Parrot says is right on with all that I was told only one or two things were different in what I was taught. Reading it now I am like I really bought into that but that was what was drilled into me as a kid. OH MY GOD how sad is that to teach a child.

I had nightmares as a kid about the birds, the buzzards are coming, the buzzards are coming my mom and her friends used to say and they are going to pick the eyes out of everyone. They truly believed it. For a kid who felt God hated her because her mom was abusing her and telling her that she wished I had never been born, I just knew I would have my eyes plucked out too. Thus the nightmares.

Oh was a lovely religion. Sign me up.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I have a great tribulation in my pants.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How will anyone know when the great tribulation begins.

That depends on where you live.

Its been going on in Africa for many years.

Its been going on in Detroit today.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I suppose the GB has an elaborate evacuation plan.

If the United States is in jeopardy ... they move to England.

If United States and England is in jeopardy ... they move to Africa.

Wouldn't this be considered "weak" faith that Jehovah would protect them during "tribulation" ... or do they see their wealth as a blessing from Jehovah to use to protect themselves?

• blondie
    blondie

I will know; if you give me your phone #, I'll call you 1/2 hour before it starts.

• d
    d

When the Internet crashes just like in E.B Forester's The Machine Stops When that happens then you know the GB has started

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

when the Buffalo Bills win the super bowl.

• bigmac
    bigmac

no

i think there will be a massive deafening fart from the sky--then we will know we are all in it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit