"We All Lose Faith Sometimes...."

by AllTimeJeff 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dinah
    dinah
    Men tend to like facts. Women tend to like beliefs. Ergo religion is a woman's thing.

Just saw that. You forgot the *duck and run* part.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great thread. As your initial post suggests some people do, I investigated JW doctrine, then doctrine in general, then the Bible.
    Despite my search, many ex-JW's like myself don't need conclusive proof that the Bible is flawed and that Christianity is flawed.

We just go by the simple saying:
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

We just don't want anything to do with organized religion. Many of us did serious research, but many just want peace. If God or Jesus really draws people, ex-JW's know how to use their Bible and don't need anymore human help. Stop calling us and let Jesus draw us. If he doesn't, we didn't waste our lives. If we are on the road to Damascus and Jesus calls, we will decide what to do then.

• willyloman
    willyloman

"Jesus was a cool dude. I could follow him, but as soon as he died------here comes Paul with his woman-hating, smack-down you aren't worth living shit. It's like everyone was jockeying for position. They totally LOST his message."

Whoa, Dinah! This is exactly the conclusion I have come to. Thanks for putting it into words for me.

• dinah
    dinah
    Whoa, Dinah! This is exactly the conclusion I have come to. Thanks for putting it into words for me.

Hence my agnostic label.

I love the gospels. I learned more from those four books than anything else in the bible. It's the only four books that are conceivable to be real. Anything else is mostly someone's opinion.

For the record, I think David was as prick too, and Saul and really most of the Israelites. I like Jonathan, but I think he was gay.......just sayin'

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

good post,

I was raised Catholic and coverted to JW and well, have left it.

I am finding great comfort in not believing in God, it is the most peaceful I have been my whole life.

It has made me a better person. I like to believe I can hang on to this in my journey through life.

When I read of others that have left being a JW to another religion, I can find no judgement only well wishes in their journey.

I would not want to push my beliefs on to others, each persons path is unique.

purps

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey all. I am glad we can share things that help each other. :-)

Narkissos, the idea of doubt being part of the journey is something I have only meditated on the last several months, but for me, it is a very personal reality, and one I sense others seem to share.

Boyzone, I was really moved by your treatment of the subject. It isn't just mentally tiring, it is very emotionally tiring, and there comes a point where either god better show up at your door, or you just don't have it in you to keep searching, when answers that are final seem to be not coming. I really wish you ultimate peace for your journey. Thankfully, you only need to answer yourself in the mirror, and to be comfortable in doing that.

Besty and Sweat Pea, there are times I would love to be a fly in your dining room, listening to the conversations... :)

Love you all! :-)

• dinah
    dinah
    It isn't just mentally tiring, it is very emotionally tiring, and there comes a point where either god better show up at your door, or you just don't have it in you to keep searching

Amen, brother, Amen.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

ATJ - you're welcome in our dining room anytime, just as long as you don't call me 'Sweaty'!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

OOPS!!!!!

My humble apologies to SWEET Pea.

Wow, lets not even visit sweat peas....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Bluecanary,

Thanks for the kind words.

As a believer the forst thing I have to admit is that I DON'T have all the answers and that I DON'T know for syre about anything !

LOL !

Jeff is a coold dude and whiel we may not agree on somethings, I think we both respect each others position and the right to feel and believe the way we do.

AS for the comments on Paul, yes in some of his writings he can come off a sa real prick, but if we look at mostof the writinf attributed to him without resonable doubt what do we see?

A message of Love, accepteance for all, a message of faith and divin spirituality for ALL.

Not that bad, yeah, he wasn't no Jesus, but then agian, no one was and those are some pretty big sandals to fill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit