IF it is NOT wise for a man to be ALONE with a woman he's NOT married to …

by Spike Tassel 275 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I was told that it was all about principles, NOT rules. But when it comes to elders, it seems more like rules than principles. I don't git it.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Where is looking up stuff on the WT library CD-ROM? Why isn't the NWT Reference Bible put into the Regular and Pocket sizes, since it's more authentic? Why isn't the Examining the Scriptures Daily not available online now?

• nelly136
    nelly136
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/200706a/article_01.htm
    Secrecy or Privacy?

Not all secrecy surrounding dating involves deception. Suppose that a young man and woman who are of an age to get married would like to become better acquainted but that for a time they wish to maintain a measure of privacy. Perhaps, as a young man named Thomas said, “they don’t want to be teased with questions like, ‘So when are you getting married?’”

Undue pressure from others can indeed be harmful. (Song of Solomon 2:7) Therefore, at the initial stage of a relationship, some couples may well choose to be discreet—while being careful not to isolate themselves. (Proverbs 10:19) “This gives two people time to decide if they’re serious about each other,” says 20-year-old Anna. “If they are, then they can go public.”

At the same time, it would be wrong to hide your relationship from those who have a right to know about it, such as your parents or the parents of the person you are dating. If you cannot be open about your dating, you should ask yourself why. Is your case similar to Jessica’s that was mentioned at the outset of this article? Do you know in your heart that your parents would have valid reasons to object?

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

Questionable sanity?Check.

A love for riddles and melodrama?Check.

Sexual repression?Check.

Evil sounding name that he gave himself to express his innermost feelings?Check.

Spike has all the main characteristics of a Batman villian.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I'm not familiar with Batman.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"I'm not familiar with Batman."

Warning: This may or may not offend you

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I am NOT homosexual.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

So you're telling me that this doesn't appeal to you at all?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel
    Posting Guidelines

To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
  • Megachusen
    Megachusen

Thank you for posting the posting guidelines. I'll be sure to continue not breaking them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit