I saw Office Space.... I've decided not to pay my bills anymore

by Elsewhere 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I feel like having extreme fajitas. Or maybe some pizza shooters.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Big Tex: I feel like having extreme fajitas. Or maybe some pizza shooters.

Make sure your waitress is wearing enough "flair."

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Hey Beks..don't you know. You've got a job but it's not the RIGHT job so you face the sarcasm. If you had a burger job and wanted more wages you'd be told you it's your fault and you should have a BETTER job. So you go get a BETTER job but now you aree unemployed because your company went belly up - you'd be told to take ANY JOB. You take ANY JOB which happens to be in the government but now that isn't the RIGHT job..give it all up because you're crapped on no matter what and sink to the bottom of the barrel - apply for welfare, then you become the FAT, LAZY slob with NO job being told to take ANY job but only the RIGHT job.

Contrary isn't it? sammieswife.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Last week I did some handyman work for a lady and her husband from Massachusetts who bought a $50,000 repo home near me in Cape Coral. They had been working two jobs for two years saving up money for a down payment on a home north of Boston and then the light came on- We can use this money and pay cash for a house in Florida and get part-time jobs and forget about this rat race in Taxachusetts! And that is what they did.

This is the kind of thinking I've adopted in the past 5 years. Instead of buying an expensive new home in the suburbs of my community (like all our friends were doing), my wife and I bought an old fixer upper in the middle of town for half the cost. We invested our money in transforming it into our own private palace. (Not done yet by the way) Now we have a great home 5 minutes from work, the movies, the grocery store, and college for HALF the price of other homes. We put about 2 thousand miles a year on our cars.

In addidtion we have no credit cards, and no bank accounts. I keep my money in cash next to my guns.

Like my grandparents before me I intend to die in this house. Someday I will get ahead of the payment curve and pay this place off.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk
    Horse puckey!!! I have a government job, and work my butt off!!!

Beks you are the important job, you do the work so that 9 other government employees can have a job.

;-)

• Priest73
    Priest73
    In addidtion we have no credit cards, and no bank accounts.

This statement explains a lot.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Now, why did I always suspect that?
    Farkel

Ummmm because I've made it pretty clear I work at the Library???

Sammie, I don't give a hoot what they say. I love my job, and I make excellent money.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I make excellent money.

Is that different than regular money?

• dinah
    dinah

Excellent money means there is more to give away, Padre. Jeez pay attention!

Us Southern folks tend to die where we were born or at least pretty close by. But then we are all knuckle draggers.

Okay, y'all remind me to drink coffee in the morning, not damn beer to chase away the rum I had last night. Will Obama take care of drunks and fools?

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Excellent money means there is more to give away, Padre. Jeez pay attention!

Then let her give hers away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit