I saw Office Space.... I've decided not to pay my bills anymore

by Elsewhere 58 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

It's Bill. :-)

After much deliberation, I had to check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax2Dpr6r98Q

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Horse puckey!!! I have a government job, and work my butt off!!!

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I'm going to have to download this movie now. I've never seen it before.

I like to work btw. It's the commute that makes me want to stay in bed!

• brinjen
    brinjen

I'm dragging out my copy to watch again, it's one of my all time favourites. PrimateDave, you'll laugh yourself silly.

• brinjen
    brinjen

You could do a mash up of the script and turn it into a sheparding call / JC scene...

Elder HardArse: Peter, what's been happening? We've noticed you've been missing some meetings.

Peter: Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing them Brother HardArse.

Elder COWannaBe: We need to talk about your field service report... did you get the latest Kingdom Ministry?

Peter: Yes I have a copy of it right here...

Elder HardArse: Yeah, it's just that we're actually encouraging our Brothers to lodge their report at least a week in advance. If you could go ahead and do that from now on, that would be great. I'm gonna go and make sure you get a copy of that Kingdom Ministry.

Peter: I said I have it right here...

Elder CoWannaBe: We also need to talk about your hours...

Peter: What's wrong with my hours? I'm doing ten every month.

Elder HardArse: Yeah, it's just that ten is the minimum. Now, if you feel that the minimum is going to get you spared at armageddon, go right ahead. But we thought you wanted to show how much you love Jehovah, you do wanna show how much you love Jehovah don't you?

Peter: You know what? I don't like the meetings... I don't like field service either. I've just decided, I'm not going to them anymore.

Elder CoWannaBe: Where will you go? What will you do?

Peter: I'm just gonna spend my nights and weekends doing nothing.

Elder HardArse: But what about armageddon? Don't you want to live in the paradise earth?

Peter: You know what? That paradise earth never really appealed to me, so I'm just not going to bother with this anymore. Well, I gotta get going, it's been nice chatting to you both, good luck with the disfellowshipping, I hope the shunning goes really well.

*Peter exits*

Elder CoWannaBe: Well, that's just a straight shooter with 'Watchtower President' written all over him.

• Farkel
    Farkel

beks,

:I have a government job

Now, why did I always suspect that?

Farkel

• Priest73
    Priest73
    I have a government job, and work my butt off!!!

Good thing you have plenty.

• moshe
    moshe

I read a story about a semi-retired guy who lived in a large two room tent he made with metal pipes and lives almost for free. He followed the state laws and camped two weeks, then he moved it to a state park a few miles away- two weeks later he was back to his original space, etc, etc. $5/day water and electric, plus his cell phone w/wifi. He probably has a fortune stashed away.

Last week I did some handyman work for a lady and her husband from Massachusetts who bought a $50,000 repo home near me in Cape Coral. They had been working two jobs for two years saving up money for a down payment on a home north of Boston and then the light came on- We can use this money and pay cash for a house in Florida and get part-time jobs and forget about this rat race in Taxachusetts! And that is what they did.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
    Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
    Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
    Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.
    Peter Gibbons: Good point.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Before you start doing nothing, Elsewhere, don't forget to drag the copy machine to an isolated field and beat it to death with a baseball bat.

I worked in an office for years. It was very cathartic to watch that scene.

And the scene about "missing work," they're both named Bob.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit