Are You Still Thrilled With President Obama?

by minimus 145 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I bet Gregor is on Medicare.

• Gregor
    Gregor

You lose. We have private, med. dental, vision insurance which we pay half of through the employer. Received no goodies from the gov't. We paid taxes last year and the yr before...etc. I'll bet Six is on some kind of public assistance. Food stamps? AFDC? Local charity clinic? Subsidies from the county for your modest quarters? How do those IOU's work out for unemployment insurance? Cash 'em for a discount at the local "RapidCheck"? Either that or he is on a public payroll! Sweeet! The perfect lib-rat!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No, I've never been on any public assistance. I've been self-employed for most of my life, so I've never even taken any unemployment. (not that I think there is anything wrong with taking public assistance if it's available to you).

Are you saying that when you turn 65, you plan to turn down Medicare, Gregor?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Medicare is not as good as what we have and we will stay private as long as we can. The debate here isn't about medicare anyway. You do understand the difference, I hope. I don't have time to 'splain O'mama care to you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sure the debate is about Medicare, along with a lot of other things; one of the proposals out there is to expand Medicare for everyone. And any public insurance program that passes will be very medicare-like. If you take Medicare after ranting about the evils of "government run healthcare", you are a hypocrit. I know that's not going to stop you the day you turn 65....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If you take Medicare after ranting about the evils of "government run healthcare", you are a hypocrit.

No. If you've been forced to pay into it your whole life, you'd be a fool not to get back what you could, even if you disagree with the whole scheme. Same for SS.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    If you've been forced to pay into it your whole life, you'd be a fool not to get back what you could, even if you disagree with the whole scheme. Same for SS.

So what is the problem then? We all pay in, so we all have the right to use it. Isn't this the point? It will be there when and if you need it? So my section 8 contribution is going into your pocket.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I support abortion up to age... How old are you again beks?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sigh, welcome home Padre

But wait, would that be publicly funded?

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Sigh, welcome home Padre
    But wait, would that be publicly funded?

I'd be willing to pay out of pocket. *smooch*

btw, how did you and BB end up with such a wise brother?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit