NWT - Accurately translated bible rumor

by Girlie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

PSac:"

I don't see how an organization like the WT would let somethign like this slip through their fingers and not document it somehow."

Because the pinnacle of the Society is also part of the network of these "secret societies" and they are well aware of how these things work.

Assignments that risk your reputation are given not only as initiation but also as punishments. Sometimes these type signals are even used publically to send confirmations of allegiances.

I am sure the society was well aware of it at some level. They could not make use of it because it would jeopardize Jeopardy!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Blondie,

It seems that I can't post a pic, I have to link it to a host site, if anyone can do this, I can email it to them...

Cameo-d.

If you truly believe that there is some conspiracy on the part of the Jeopary people, that is certainly your perogative.

The WT has quote many people, some of them out of context, in "proving" that the NWT is a superiour translation, I don't see why they wouldn't show proof of the Jeopardy episode, afterall it was public and if the Jeopardy people did alter things after the fact, the WT would eb doing a great service not only for their people but for all the viewers and past participants on Jeopardy.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

PSac: "the WT would eb doing a great service not only for their people but for all the viewers and past participants on Jeopardy."

How do you figure that? Please explain.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Question - even if it did get said on Jeopardy - (highly questionable, but I said IF):

This is the source of great Religious Truth and Enlightenenment? This makes it unquestionably so?

Get real, people of the Borg.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

JWoods...You are not even understanding the real issue here.

It has nothing to do with who has the most accurate bible.

Look beyond the obvious.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Ok, I just got finished searching at the J-archive site and did searches under bible, JW, WTS and NWT. Couldn't find any searches under NWT. Searches under JW and WTS were interrelated (e.g. more common name of WTSB - JW, etc.) Searches under the bible came up with a slew of information dating from 84' to the present; none with the above "answer" or "question". So it is safe to say that the above question and answer never happened and that it was just another rumor that JWs gave credence to as truth. (Scratching my head wondering why I didn't bother to do the research when 1st presented to me. Chalk it up to be a good little brainwashed sheeple.)

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I am sure the society was well aware of it at some level. They could not make use of it because it would jeopardize Jeopardy!

You mean "look beyond the obvious" like the above?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

cameo-d,

What I mean is that, if the WT has proof that the question was on Jeopardy and that the jeopardy people deleted it from thier archives and files then ot would be a great service to the consumer and the public to show that jeopardy is corrupt and should be investigated, I mean, this question caused people to lose money and perhaps even win the show.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

The question (or answer) may have been "The bible translation that Jason Beduhn decided was most accurate." That would not be biased on Jeopardy's part. I don't see why the WTS would want that covered up, unless they didn't want the witnesses to read Beduhn's book and see what he didn't like about the NWT. They've written before that they don't want the R&F trying to figure out how accurate their Bible is.

I'm not a conspiracy buff like cameo but I know what I saw, and I had a witness (no pun intended) with me. Are there other reasons a game show might selectively erase a past question?

• ClubKing
    ClubKing

It's a fantasy book anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit