Unloaded on the husband of my wife's study sister last night, how much damage did I do to myself??

by insearchoftruth 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

insearchofthetruth: just curious, have you showed your wife some stuff like releasing the bonds by stephen hassan, or generally asked her if she would read neutral information like stuff on this site: http://www.factnet.org/rancho1.htm or http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/cultdyn.htm (okay not so neutral) to help you calm your fears about wt?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Good job!!

If he comes at you again, go back to the uncomfortable blood issue...hang on like a bulldog and make him admit that it is unreasonable to condemn those who give blood while at the same time using parts of it, and claiming that you "abstain" from it!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You shook his world some. That was good.

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

Everytime a JW is losing an arguement,they start bashing Catholics......What do Catholics have to do with JW problems?..............OUTLAW

Catholics and Jws are similar, so I thought it always strange that they make fun of catholics. The witnesses have many titles and positions, so do the catholics. the witnesses disfellowship, the catholics ex-communicate, the witnesses believe they have the truth and follow the watchtowers every word, the catholics believe they have the truth and follow the pope. The catholic church may not have as much of a strong hold on its members in this country, U.S., but they have a strong hold on its members in lets say Ireland. The people there are afraid to question their church, afraid of not being allowed to communicate with their families, similar to how the witnesses have a fear of losing their families if questioning the watchtower. The only difference with the watchtower is I think its much stricter and it doesn't really matter where you live, the watchtower has control over your life.
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Geez, I almost feel sorry for that poor guy....seriously though, he may be on JWN before too long...that is if he has the time and inclination to research your questions. If you get another opportunity to talk to him about flipflops, maybe you could ask him why the WB&TS has varying answers on the guilt of a woman for being raped on whether or not she screams? There's also the matter of whether the people of Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurected...how about the fact that a spouse had no scrptural grounds for divorce if the other spouse had sexual relations with the same sex or an animal, I think until 1974?

Good job!

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

very good job. they will be back. I would stick to 1914 1918 1919 keep bringing up false teaching from that time , after every question you ask. ask was that PROPER SPRITUAL FOOD FROM JEHOVAHS TABLE . AND PRESS THE ISSUE jehovah never told them to preach these false teachings. press them hard on "MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE" 1919 and ask what were they advertising then? it was nothing more than the world to end in 1925. when they say the light is getting brighter. ask ie. what light was there in preaching that the world was to end according to jehovah in 1925? there was no light just DARKNESS. USE THIS LINE ON EV ERY THING THEY EVER GOT WRONG IMBARRASS THEM FOR FOLLOWING LIES. I can see you winning easy, but they will try to side track you. control the conversation AT ALL TIMES. and pound away. when they don't answer that's the time to pressure them. aND don't do any research for them . just give them a wt date and page to find what you already know ,and demand they look it up and come back with the original copy to show you. stick on yout topics and keep insulting them for not having ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE. ask them who told them they are ministers of GOD? them tell them they were lied to. and never say the jw's are good at family, hospitals, etc. never give them anything . as that's the only part of your talk I saw you losing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My tactic from here on would be to just keep rubbing salt into those wounds. There is no need to bring in other topics.

You have found his weak points, so bone up on them. Keep him on those subjects, but keep him wanting to answer you. Try not to frighten him away.

I think you did a wonderful job and I very much doubt that you have shot yourself in the foot.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You did fine. There is always a little give and take with this. Your time is better spent choosing to grill in depth with one or two topics instead of wandering down the path and letting him blow theocratic smoke up your ass. After getting a long winded non answer to your question, you can say that was interesting, but that you would please like your question answered in a way that you can understand it. I have found if they bring more of them and pile on you, it is of limited usefulness to them since none of them are willing to step out of the hive mind, but then you have that many more to expose to concepts they will not teach at the hall. Also, you can read their playbook, while they are forbidden to read yours.

• etna
    etna

you did so well in asking those questions, some other things you might reseach on is how the JWs joined the NGO (a non-govrnmental part of the U N. Also about the organ transplant, if someone got a transplant before they change their veiws (new light) and didn't think it was wrong and got disfellowshipped and then a year later the JWs changed their veiws, would the disfellowshiped person be automatically reinstated or would he have to show repentence(even though by now their policy has changed)? Keep us posted on all your dealings with him. Its interesting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit