Unloaded on the husband of my wife's study sister last night, how much damage did I do to myself??

by insearchoftruth 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Sad sooooo very sad!

On the upside I think you should keep harping on the 1918-1919 if he is truly ignorant...... tell him you found a copy of "The Finished Mystery" on google books and really don't see why such a publications would cause Jesus to hail the Bible Students above all others at the time. Then maybe suggest a future discussion regarding selected chapters of that book and what Da Judge and Co were upto then in comparison to today's understanding........why take that long to refine things if the end has consistantly been imminent!

Yes the RCC is a favorite harping subject but his arguments are dated! Yes they were heavily into Mary Worship (like we were in Pyramidology) back when my grandma was young but today's Catholic Church offers weekly bible studies like most Protestant denominations! While I don't agree doctrinally or organizationally with the RCC I still have some in my family and husband's family....... all are far more universally charitable then JWs.

Yes in reality the WTS became a miniature wannabe of the RCC..... but really don't all hierarchies have that in common!

You never know.....he probably has doubts and you might be the one to give him 'permission' to consider them via researching for topical discussions with you!

Maybe you could burn him a CD of collected older pubs from JWN!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wow, what an excellent job you did, he has to be wondering

how you came to know all this stuff....you sound like a great apostate ...lol

h4o

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Maybe you could burn him a CD of collected older pubs from JWN!

Not a bad idea, it would keep us on even ground as to reference materials........

he has to be wondering how you came to know all this stuff..

I told him initially I am an engineer by education and in my job I do research and I check not only references, but references from references.....and my wife knows I over research everything......

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I think you did a really good job..But, I would definitely try to stop this study...

• dinah
    dinah

Maybe your wife saw that he couldn't really give you an honest answer on anything. I feel sorry for the teenage boy.

That didn't seem like "unloading" to me. It just sounded like you wanted answers. Of course, I'm sure they called you an evil minion of Satan when they got to their car. When they are pushed into a corner, it's the Debil ya know, because it couldn't be that the GB is full of crap.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Great job! I'd bet money that he's talking to some more 'experienced' men and they are working up a plan on who's going to go back with him and how they are going to set you straight. You asked all of the exact right questions that anyone on the planet who comes into contact with jw's should ask! You should make your own tract and distribute it, you could call it: Questions JW's Couldn't Answer For Me. You have to keep us posted on this!................wf

• steve2
    steve2

You did a great job no question. But - please correct me if I'm wrong - your wife seems a relatively passive party in all of this. Is she on board with your excellent questions? And if she is, why on earth is she studying with these ignoramuses? Is she likely to think things through herself? Could she end up turning on you?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I think I would secretly meet these people outside hen they were leaving and tell them if they show back up again your presseing trespass charges..

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

your wife seems a relatively passive party in all of this. Is she on board with your excellent questions? And if she is, why on earth is she studying with these ignoramuses? Is she likely to think things through herself? Could she end up turning on you?

On board, sort of kind of, most of these questions and comments have been previously directed at her, and she told me that since she is just a study, I will need to talk to some one with more knowledge and experience than she........so I had the opportunity and I did.

Would not be at all surprised to see the gal she is studying with attempt to occupy more of her time, I am sure that I have now definitely been marked as a problem UBM....but also would not be all that surprised if he brought an elder by to as awildflower said 'to set me straight'. And if a superJW shows up, I will stick with 1918/1919 and blood fractions.....and when they talk 'light getting brighter', continue with the comments on the doctrinal flipflops on transplants and even the definition of a generation........

I feel confident on what I spoke to him about because I think none of the questions were I think all that out of bounds, I pretty much stuck to medicine and disfellowshipping and I am positive that the comments I have made can all be backed up using the literature that I can ask them to provide me......or better yet, I will ask them to do the work themselves and look up the information.....why should I do all the work?

• carla
    carla

awesome job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit