Unloaded on the husband of my wife's study sister last night, how much damage did I do to myself??

by insearchoftruth 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    My question is: what did your wife think of all the questions you asked him and the fact that he essentially, had nothing to support his doctrines?

I am really not sure Mary, she was not present for the complete discussion, she drifted outside with the dog for a while and she has not commented to me at all about it, but I do believe that she is at least thinking a bit, which is a change.....and also, thanks so very much Mary, your project provided me a lot of the background information I needed to be able to have this discussion, in a fairly calm manner.......

When he comes back, I still want him to show me the biblical allowance of fractions, explain to me how the 'sole channel of God' could have flip flopped on organ transplants and explain to me 1918/1919......

• carla
    carla

marking for Black Sheep's scan! thank you!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Something to think about if he ever offers himself up to you again.

If he starts bashing Catholics ask him straight out "What's so wrong about Catholics?"

More than likely he'll answer regarding their wrong teachings. That's where you talk about how he kept mentioning "New Light" and would that mean that chances are JWs are teaching something wrong right at this moment. Basically that leads to asking if Armageddon came tomorrow and JWs were teaching something wrong why would they be in a different boat than the Catholics, they're both teaching something wrong. Does God show some sort of favoritism? Would you think that's fair?

Just a thought though, I doubt highly he's going to attempt another conversation with you.

• Mary
    Mary
    still think they will provide my wife a very strong caution, but not sure how it will be phrased. She will go to the book study/ministry school thing tonight, I am sort of interested to see what she is like tomorrow.

This is where you've got to be careful. Since they now know that you are well informed about the religion, they will almost certainly try telling your wife that Satan doesn't want her to 'learn the truth' and that quite often when people start studying with Jehovah's Witnesses, they receive "family opposition". Alot of people fall for this crap and slowly but surely, start cutting their own family off while becoming more entrenched in the religion.

Why the heck would your wife want to join a religion that shuns her mother?

and also, thanks so very much Mary your project provided me a lot of the background information I needed to be able to hav this discussion in a fairly calm manner.......

You are more than welcome hon. I'm really glad that it helped.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I concur with Mary. This cult operates on fear, guilt, paranoia, fear on top of the guilt and paranoia, guilt on top of the fear and paranoia, and paranoia on top of the fear and guilt.

Fear- the end is coming and you won't make it

Guilt- you are not doing enough aftter all God did for you

Paranoia- all outsiders are of Satan, regardless of how true what they are saying appears it is only out to zing jehovah's faithful

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

They have already succeeded in getting her to label a lot of her former friends as 'unwholesome association'.......

Since they now know that you are well informed about the religion, they will almost certainly try telling your wife that Satan doesn't want her to 'learn the truth' and that quite often when people start studying with Jehovah's Witnesses, they receive "family opposition".

Yep, and this is quite a concern of mine.......not sure how to really handle this. I do not speak bad about the JWs to her, I do not try to keep her from meetings and the like and I just ask her questions.

This is the 'damage' I was referring to in my title.

• nelly136
    nelly136

'spiritual endangerment' or 'absolute endangerment' of your wifes spiritual welfare is another way they might put it to your wife.

• nelly136
    nelly136

nice article you got there blacksheep

• undercover
    undercover
    those question to me would have been a dead givaway of your researching apostate sites and taking propmps from them and it will be good for him to get to know that people do this now and see the tactics for what they are.

Of course it would have been a dead giveaway to you...you're on an apostate site...geez

But you're right, it will be good for him to know that people are using these tactics for what they are....to help him see that he's trapped in a cult.

I am sort of suprised as well that your speaking as you did didn't trigger the 'aposta-radar'.

Maybe I'm confused...I thought ISOT was not a JW, so why would it set of a 'aposta-radar? His questions may be critical of the WT...he can be negative about the WT, but he has the luxury of not being a JW, so anything he says can't be construed as 'apostate'. He's in a better position than any of us who were, or are, JWs to help this guy to use some critical thinking ablities.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    'spiritual endangerment' or 'absolute endangerment' of your wifes spiritual welfare is another way they might put it to your wife.

I am pretty sure I have been labeled this by a previous study conductor as well..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit