where do the refinements come from?, and why do you answer thus?

by Spike Tassel 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

While they can be forgiven by Jehovah, in the case of the WT it also disqualifies them from their self-proclaimed status- their being appointed in 1919 to handle God's earthly affairs- they were false prophets prior to and after that period.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

uncovering isaacaustin's comment

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I am NOT Jehovah or Jesus Christ that I can be so bold.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yet the Wt feels they are, and they are so bold.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Just because I or Isaac say so, that doesn't make it so. If either of us were Jehovah or inspired by Him, that weight would carry the day.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The false prophecies of the Wt are in clear writing for all to see Spike. The Bible makes it clear God would not be working with false prophets.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Just because Isaac or I may something a "false prophecy", that doesn't mean that Jehovah's considers it that way.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

sorry

Just because Isaac or I may call something a "false prophecy", that doesn't mean that Jehovah considers it that way.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You are right Spike. And Jehovah defines for us in Deut 18 what a false prophet is. they speak something to happen in God's name..and it does not come to pass. Did they call the 1914 generation the "Creator's promise"? Did it come to pass?

Case in point.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The Reasoning book has the correct answer under the topic FALSE PROPHETS, the subheading which is relevant [Have not Jehovah's Witnesses made errors in their teachings?] is on pages 136-137 of the 1989 copyrighted edition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit